Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#16968 - 05/04/07 09:41 AM Re: Do you ever get used to the injuries?
Curtise Offline

Loc: Sheffield, UK
Rebecca,
If you'd like to try the Actiwrap, email me with your address and I'll send you some. Hope Calista's conjunctivitis has cleared up now.
Cheers,
Curtise

#16969 - 05/11/07 08:35 AM Re: Do you ever get used to the injuries?
mumofcalista Offline

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Thanks Curtise, but I think I've found an Australian equivalent. In addition, my local public hospital have supplied me with samples of some adhesive padding (hard to describe but its kind of sticky to hold it in place but doesnt bond to the skin and comes off easily). Im thinking this might be good for foot and waistband blistering/protection if Im game to try it. I also found out that they can supply a monthly order of dressings for free. None of our doctors volunteered this information though, I had to ask - unbelievable!
Cali's eyes are better now, thanks, but not before I managed to tear the skin under her eyes with the lethal weapon of a cotton ball! I was also shocked the other day to discover 2 rings of blisters around the top of her socks. I wonder when we will not be shocked any more?
Speaking of shocked, I have to leave my family on Sunday to attend a workshop in a different state. I thought I would bring Cali with me, as my mother lives in that state and having only seen her for a week since birth, I thought she would be delighted to spend time with her last grandchild for 3 short days. Apparently not - too hard. I didnt think I could be hurt anymore by other peoples reactions, but this knocked me for six! Anyway, all 4 of my kids are being looked after by my husband while Im away, and Im very anxious about how Cali will cope, as we've never been separated. Anyway, I'll just have to try to enjoy the break! Thanks again, and if I have any luck with these dressings, I'll let you know.

Cheers,
Rebecca

#16970 - 05/12/07 02:14 AM Re: Do you ever get used to the injuries?
pauline5 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hey MumofCalista,

yes, I get the blister rings from socks also, and that is usually due to how tight the elastic is around the leg...always try and get loose/not elastic banded socks...

I also find it can increase the fluid retention in the ankle and lower leg area when socks are too tight...

Pauline

#16971 - 05/21/07 02:44 PM Re: Do you ever get used to the injuries?
Sarah Helen Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, Probably North of...
Ah...the sock ring of blisters, how familiar I am!
I wear suits to work every day and have found that skirts are out of the question because nylons are so uncomfortable and stick. So I wear pant suits with dress socks and the funny part is that I always buy different heights of socks so that I can vary them throughout the week.
Most of my blisters will heal up over night if they are not irritated again so I'm careful to avoid having the sock ring in the same place.
Isn't it interesting what we have to keep in mind when clothes shopping compared to others?

#16972 - 05/21/07 05:20 PM Re: Do you ever get used to the injuries?
luckelizard Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX, USA
Wow so many great answers.. I myself depending on where my sore is, is whether or not it is painful for me.. of course things like papercuts and accidentaly cutting yourself with a knife is much more painful (i recently cut myself with a knife as i was cutting an apple for my son).. Its been about a week and that stupid thing still snags and hurts every once in a while.. I have had many sores, blisters, infections, and depending on where they were is how i would judge the pain.. but like many people it would hurt bad at first but the pain does subside.. sometimes more quickly than others. Blisters on the other hand are much more painful for me. Again i can only speak on my behalf. In my opinion its like my skin is getting stretched and about to pop depending on how big the blister was.. if it was an infecteous blister those are very painful.. I hated those because then i would be out of school depending on how many there were and how bad i was. I remember a time when i was in high school and i had infectious blisters from head to toe.. one morning my mom came in and woke me up and tried to take my blankets off and trust me i woke up.. the blankets were stuck to all my blisters...so my poor mother who felt worse i think then i did.. I was still in pain physically.. but she had the emotional pain of knowing it was something she did on accident that caused me such grief.. she had to call two of my friends from two different schools to get out of school so they could pick me up from my bed and carry me to the bathtub so we could begin another painful process of soaking off the blankets...

For me i will say there are times when something happens in which i think the pain is unbearable and there are other times in which my friends are looking at me in pain because they see a sore that i haven't noticed yet...lol kinda funny how it all works out..

#16973 - 05/22/07 06:35 AM Re: Do you ever get used to the injuries?
pauline5 Offline

Oh Crystal, I felt every inch of the pain with your description just then...
So many infections from head to toe here, and I can relate so much to the sheets sticking to them...and the TERRIBLE BATH TIMES, TO CLEAR THEM UP, PURE TORTURE...

so glad we grow out of that worst stage...AREN'T YOU????

Love Pauline

#16974 - 06/05/07 11:57 PM Re: Do you ever get used to the injuries?
mumofcalista Offline

Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Austra...
Well thats certainly something to look forward to...not!

How great it is to be able to discuss these things with people who have had the same weird experiences. I will definately invest in different lengths of socks, and even second hand ones that may not be so tight (not that I have bought tight ones anyway, I guess new socks are just too firm). I have assumed that socks would be essential with all shoes (we live in a warm environment where sandals are worn most of the time). Is anyone able to wear sandals with no socks?

Thanks for your advice and suggestions. Please continue ot bring it on - this is so helpful for those of us who are trying to solve these strange problems - the sales ladies just dont understand?!

Cheers,
Rebecca

#16975 - 06/06/07 09:29 PM Re: Do you ever get used to the injuries?
Sarah Helen Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, Probably North of...
Good question about the sandals.
I find that I can wear sandals but that I have to watch where the edges of the straps are to make sure I'm not blistering too much. I have different pairs that have straps in different places. I definitely cannot wear the ones with a strap or post that goes between the toes, such as flip flops.
Because I don't have palmo/planter as most folk on this site do I usually prefer to go barefoot in summer. The soles of my feet are just fine and any kind of shoe can cause distress to the top of my feet.

#16976 - 06/06/07 10:35 PM Re: Do you ever get used to the injuries?
Jr88 Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
I have found that the feet seems to be one of the highest areas of infection, so socks is important. Without socks, your exposing the infections and blisters to dirt, injury and everything else that comes along with bare feet. Another thing I have noticed is that I need a new pair of socks everyday, it does add up on the laundry a little bit, but it certainly cuts down on the infection. Infected feet is the start of a bad day!
Socks with Sandals apparently is fashion taboo...but are we all fashion models?

#16977 - 06/07/07 06:53 AM Re: Do you ever get used to the injuries?
pauline5 Offline

Infected feet is the start of a bad day!
Socks with Sandals apparently is fashion taboo...but are we all fashion models?[/B][/QUOTE]

HEHEHE, SOOOO TRUE ON BOTH POINTS...
No, I can't wear shoes without socks...never
I was wrapt when i first found out about Crocs...and i bought a pair, and after a while wondered why my feet were still blistering,
but you know what...I had a size too large for my feet, and i guess it was the friction of them rubbing on my feet...

Now i have the smallest size there is, and no more blistering...Actually I can wear the crocs barefoot for a little while just around the house...but as poeople say on here, much prefer with socks...for hiegene reaons.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information