Topic Options
#16899 - 12/01/06 04:21 PM finding a dermotologist
Sarah Helen Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, Probably North of...
Hi Everyone,
I have just moved to the Minneapolis area and need to find a new Dermy that will continue to prescribe the Acitretin. Anyone out there have any search techniques? The doctors I have seen so far have never seen EHK before much less treated it.
I would appreciate any assistance [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#16900 - 12/02/06 03:42 AM Re: finding a dermotologist
texlex99_dup1 Offline

Loc: Brooklyn Park, MN USA
Hi Sarah, I live in Brooklyn Park MN, and I go to Advancements in Dermatology, and I see Dr. Carney, I have been seeing him for the last 15 years. I have Nethertons Syndrome, and he actually wrote a paper on the syndrome back in med school. He sees both my brother and I as we both have the same condition. Respond to this post if you want more info, as we are in process of changing our current email address.

Hope to hear from you,

Becky

#16901 - 12/05/06 11:11 PM Re: finding a dermotologist
Sarah Helen Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, Probably North of...
Hi Becky,
Wow! You live very close by - I'm more and more glad to move to this area. I'm not familiar with Netherton's but I am certainly going to seek out your doctor. Even if it's just to educate my GP.
When your email is working I would appreciate some of your information.
Thanks!
Sarah

#16902 - 12/06/06 02:33 AM Re: finding a dermotologist
texlex99_dup1 Offline

Loc: Brooklyn Park, MN USA
Hi Sarah,
I'm so glad that you got back to me. And wow, do we really live close. Dr. Carney has a few different locations, he has one in Robbinsdale, (which is where I usually go) but I also know that he has a office in Edina, really close to Southdale Mall. I will give you the phone number for his Robbinsdale office and they can give you the number for the Edina office. The number is 763-588-0766. Talk to the office manager by the name of Nikki, you can let her know that Rebecca Whitney (remind her that I am the one with Nethertons)referred you. He can be difficult to get into, but I've met most of his assistants and they are just as good. But if at all possible try to get in to see him first.

We are changing our internet provider on the 6th of this month, so as soon as I am able to get back on line, I will check in with you. Until then just post any info or questions on this site, and hopefully I can continue to check this. Also maybe we can meet sometime and I can give you more info on nethertons, and you can give me more info on EHK.

Talk to you soon,
Becky

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information