Topic Options
#16787 - 10/27/05 04:28 AM ROACCUTAINE/ISOTRETN
pauline5 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hi Guys,

I was recently asked if I could attend a Dermatology Clinical, of which I said yes...

I had 28 Derms look at me...Most of them said "is this the worst it gets" I was so annoyed, and I laughed and said no, this is the best it has every been in my entire life.

Some of them asked the same old questions, had I been on tigason, and neotigason, and I said yes, DISASTROUS RESULTS, AND NEVER AGAIN

Then they mentioned Roaccutane, and suggested that while it doesn't have the same benefits of the other 2, that it does have much less damaging side effects...

I WANT SOME THOUGHTS ON THIS PLEASE...BEFORE I DECIDE TO GO AHEAD...

Don't forget that I have the PalmoPlanter version of EHK...so my skin is very fragile indeed these days...

The Derm who invited me to this clinical just rang to squeeze me into an earlier clinic, to discuss this option.

She also mentioned some cream which helps control the odour problem but I don't know what it was called...

Thanks in advance guys...
Gee I have been posting on this all day when I should be writing up some assignments...

Love Pauline.

[This message has been edited by pauline5 (edited April 21, 2007).]

#16788 - 10/28/05 12:00 AM Re: ROACCUTAINE/ISOTRETN
pauline5 Offline

Gee, thanks Tatiana

I can't believe they suggested it also...especially when I mentioned the bone suspitions. (that doesn't look spelt right)

I was also diagnosed with osteopenia in my feet while I was on Soriatane (neoT)...and that is how I found out that I had Osteoporosis in my spine and hips...

Damn these drugs...why do they do this to us...? It is cruel I reckon!!!

Anyway, as I mentioned at the Derm clinic, my skin is amazingly clear in many parts now, except of course hands feet and legs...
But I notice a layer of scale covering my arms again today...I really believe the salt baths are doing the trick, and I haven't had one for a few days, and maybe that is why the scale is returning...plus it grows more quickly in the summer time for me...and it is starting to warm up right now...

Thanks Tatiana,

I hope that you and your husband are doing well, and enjoying your time in Japan...
Hopefully we can finally meet if/when you come down to Oz

Love Pauline.

#16789 - 10/28/05 01:42 AM Re: ROACCUTAINE/ISOTRETN
Linda Evich Offline

Loc: Bellingham WA USA
Hi Pauly - Accutane is a real twister. I've taken it for 23 years - more than 1/2 my life, now. It was very touchy finding just the right dose to minimize side effects and maximize results. Finally, we found 10 mg qd to be most efficatious. On this dose, my joints are more supple and the thick palmarplantar stuff is a bit better. Still, soaking is a must and skin fragility is always a challenge. I chose Accutane ONLY AFTER choosing not to have children. For those of child bearing years, that can be a heart rending decision. After I'd been taking Accutane for 13 years, my spine started showing evidence of osteophytes. They are now quite severe. I knew this was a possibility and yet chose to continue. It's always been a balance between benefits versus side effects.

Pauly, only you can decide what's best for you, and I truly empathize with you. Good luck and God bless. Please feel free to ask if you want more personal experiences. I only hit the highlights. Linda

------------------

#16790 - 10/29/05 04:49 AM Re: ROACCUTAINE/ISOTRETN
pauline5 Offline

WOW again Linda,

You have palmplanter type of EHK ALSO...???
I have only spoken to one other person who has that, she used to be on here quite a few years ago...

I would love to see your palms and soles one day... [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] HOW EXCITING...

my feet are my pride and joy...some of the younger drs who looked at me the other day were so excited to see my skin, they acted like they had struck GOLD...AND THEY COULDN'T STOP THANKING me enough for coming...

I just luv showing off my thick feet, very funny

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information