Hi everyone, I have just been browsing old posts, and found this really interesting...

Firstly Karen, I think you have confirmed for me why people who have EHK may not be suited to living in Queensland Australia, like other types of Ich...because you mentioned many more infections in humid Arkansas.

Did your bodies also swell up from the humidity?? ... I find that the actual fluid retention actually causes the blistering in the first place...

I had just 5 days in Queensland 10 years ago, and that was more than enough for me...my whole body puffed up and blistered something shocking, and i actually had sunburn for the first time in my life, and my skin went orange...it was weird.

Meshell, I wonder if your daughter shed her skin after a fever because of the overheating, and perhaps the heat lifts the skin from the inside, similar to how a spa would do that from the outside...just a thought

Lastly, Jenny, I was fascinated to read the findings that you had constant infections from staph being present in the humid air...that is amazing...i had no idea that staph could be airborne...I always thought it was a surface thing...transfered to hands, and then to another person.

Thanks for enlightening me
Love Pauline [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]