Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#16599 - 02/02/04 02:28 AM Re: Salt baths
Angel Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi Pauline!

I used 100% Shea Butter on my girls, and it does have wonderful moisturizing properties. It just lacks longevity. From what I have read, though, shea butter contains naturally derived vitamins A & E, is "an anti-inflammatory, increases the healing of wounds and improves scars and is used to heal eczema, burns, rashes, severly dry skin and to lessen the irritation of psoriasis". This wording I borrowed from the African Shea Butter Company's website. The shea butter I used on my girls was an "African" shea butter, but since I foolishly disposed of the container recently, I don't know if this company is the same one. This company does say, though, to ensure that you only buy shea butter that has been naturally extracted and cleaned.

I haven't used the shea butter more than once a week on the girls, but I have noticed some improvement on their feet when I do. It does seem to heal. My only problem right now is getting more. The store that sells it is about 45 minutes north of our house and even further into the snow belt. Once the nicer weather arrives, I will venture up there to purchase some more. I have also thought about ordering it online. It is a product that I believe works, but I never seem to use it more than once before returning to the lactic acid cream, fearful of allowing their skin to build up or dry out too quickly. Again, when winter is over, I might be more inclined to test it out for a longer period of time.

Take care!

Angel

#16600 - 02/02/04 02:43 PM Re: Salt baths
Anonymous
Unregistered

Angel,
I don't know if this helps you all the way up in the great white north but I recently saw shea butter in a Target store. Don't know if you have them there or if it is any closer to you, just thought I'd mention it.
Keith.

#16601 - 02/02/04 06:30 PM Re: Salt baths
Angel Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi Keith,

Thank for you letting me know. We don't have Target stores here, but it gives me the idea to look for it in other than specialty stores or online. Thank you.

Take care!

Angel

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information