Topic Options
#16236 - 07/27/07 02:20 AM Anyone else using Acitretin?
SusieL Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
We put my son on Acitretin about a month ago and I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled we are with the results! My son has moderate LI, scaling all over his body. We get stares, questions, and advice every day from strangers. Since he has been on this medicine, he has shed nearly every scale. His skin is completely clear and so soft, I can't stop touching his cheeks! We go out in public and no one looks twice. He's still dry and needs lotion, but it is nothing compared to what he was before. I am so excited!

Is anyone else on this? Anyone had any experience with it? I know there are potential side effects to watch for, but my son's dermatologist is the guy who writes the books the med students study in dermatology class, and he is a very conservative doctor as far as treatments go. I just can't believe these results! If you want to email me, I'd send before and after shots to prove it!

Yay!
Susie

Daughter, Emma born 9/2001 -unaffected
Son, Andrej born 8/2003 - has Lamellar Ichthyosis
Daughter, Tori born 3/2006 - has Lamellar Ichthyosis

#16237 - 07/27/07 10:55 AM Re: Anyone else using Acitretin?
Sarah Helen Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, Probably North of...
Hi Susie,
I'm on Acitretin (brand name Soriatane) myself. For other success stories and discussions check out the Retinoids thread. It can be a little interesting since people feel so strongly about these drugs but you will learn tons.
Good luck!

------------------
Sarah
35 with EHK

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information