Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#16128 - 09/06/06 09:22 AM help!
libby Offline

Loc: USA
I just got off the phone last night with a distributor out of CA that sold Aderma products. They informed me that they stopped selling it 2 months ago. We have used Aderma on our daughter for a good 5 years now. I don't know what to do now.

Can anyone suggest something that might work for her skin? She just started middle school today and was just so darn nervous. SHe is also very uspet that she is going to have to do the trial and error thing again with creams. She does not need this right now. I am so bummed.

Thanks,
Lib

#16129 - 09/10/06 08:46 AM Re: help!
libby Offline

No one has any suggestions on what creams I might try? Like I said, we have used the same cream for so many years now, I feel like I am lost because it is no longer available to us.

We don't really use aquaphor anymore because it's just too sticky for her. We are trying to use Laclotion 12%, but that sometimes burns. I just bought glycerin and am going to add that to it. Other than that, I really don't know what to do. I don't know what to use on her face?

Suggestions PLEASE!!

Thanks,

Libby

#16130 - 09/10/06 10:28 AM Re: help!
Angel24755 Offline

Loc: PA
We use Curel Ultra Healing lotion topped with Cetaphil Cream in the morning. During the day we use Curel Ultra Healing on their face and hands several times. We use Aquaphor at night. I like the Cetaphil Cream a lot...perhaps something you might want to try if you are looking for a cream.
Best of Luck!
Lisa

#16131 - 09/10/06 11:29 AM Re: help!
libby Offline

We did use cetaphil a lot before we found Aderma. Maybe we should give it a try again. Thanks!

Lib

#16132 - 09/10/06 03:20 PM Re: help!
gryphon Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I agree with Lisa on the Cetaphil which I also happen to layer, though under another lotion (Dermal Therapy Urea/AHA body lotion).

However as Erin asked about the ingredients of Aderma Exomega Body Cream, I just looked at the ingredients (its in this link: http://www.garden.co.uk/acatalog/Aderma_Products.html) Libby, if Pierre Fabre was not able to direct you, you may want to try Aveeno's colloidal oatmeal *cream*. Though not identical to Exomega, the ingredients are not too dissimilar and its effectiveness may be comparable. Just a suggestion after I looked at both sets of ingredients. Both use colloidal oatmeal (Avena sativa) and glycerin as primary ingredients so Aveeno may work for your daughter as a substitute cream.

#16133 - 09/10/06 05:01 PM Re: help!
aylasmom Offline

Loc: Waterford ,MI
we love Aveeno! I use it on Ayla...don't know what we'd do without it, and hope we don't have to find out! Good luck...

#16134 - 09/10/06 05:18 PM Re: help!
Angel24755 Offline

FYI...Curel Ultra Healing lotion lists Glycerin as it's second ingredient.

Another cream we found that we really do like is called "Skin Milk Body Cream". The only problem with it is that it does contain parabens so if you are looking for something that is "paraben free" it would not be a good product for you. We continue to use it on our kids hands and feet because it is SO good. There is an entire line of Skin Milk products and they also have a web site...www.skinmilk.net. We also use the "Skin Milk Foaming Bath". That is paraben free and the kids feel really nice after a bath. A word to the wise...if you exfoliate, put it in the bath AFTER you exfoliate. It makes the water very soft and almost slippery. It is impossible to get the skin off once this stuff is in the bath water. I usually exfoliate the kids first and then run a little extra water with the Skin Milk foaming bath to get the bubble effect and spread it around. The kids get their bubbles and it makes their skin softer at the same time.
Lisa

#16135 - 09/10/06 06:18 PM Re: help!
libby Offline

We have Skin Milk, but were not too happy with the results. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I have no idea what Sween 24 is?? Can you purchase it at a drug store or is it a prescription? C how out of the loop I am!

I will give Aveeno a try ....again!

Thanks guys!

Lib

#16136 - 09/10/06 06:37 PM Re: help!
Angel24755 Offline

Everyone is different. The Aveeno Oatmeal lotion didn't work for us but I know Dawnn has great results using it on Ayla. Perhaps the Aveeno topped with the Cetaphil cream would work well for you. Best of Luck!!!
Lisa

#16137 - 09/14/06 02:16 PM Re: help!
libby Offline

Hi Erin,

I just wanted to let you know that we applied Sween 24 to Claire last night. She liked the way it felt. I thought it was a bit greasy, but she seemed to think it felt really good.

I will let you know what the results are in about a week. She applied it to dry skin. I am thinking that it would soak in a bit better to moist skin?

Thanks,
Lib

[This message has been edited by libby (edited September 14, 2006).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information