Topic Options
#15912 - 02/24/08 07:05 PM Infrared sauna?
MIchelle Jessop Offline

Has anyone used an infrared sauna for this type of ichthyosis? If so what were the resluts. Is it dangerous for someone who doesn't sweat?

#15913 - 02/25/08 04:36 PM Re: Infrared sauna?
immystique Offline

Loc: Grand Junction, CO, USA
I've tried saunas before, but I get really red and overheated after about 5 minutes and have to get out. Then it takes me FOREVER to get back to normal, and I wind up with a headache the next day. I won't do it again!

The purpose of saunas is to make you sweat--supposedly to help your body rid itself of toxins. So for someone who doesn't sweat, it's not a good thing!

#15914 - 02/28/08 08:38 PM Re: Infrared sauna?
MIchelle Jessop Offline

Thank you for your response. But I am looking specifically for infrared sauna, not just a regular sauna. Does any one have exprience with the infrared?

#15915 - 02/29/08 04:17 PM Re: Infrared sauna?
Francine Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Now, admittedly I have never tried the infrared sauna however after doing some research I've discovered that it's basically the same principle as a regular one only with slightly lower temps (110 degrees as opposed to 190). As mystique said the purpose of saunas is to sweat away toxins and since I can't sweat I chose to stay away from them...so I can only say that I personally wouldn't recommend them to anyone with Lamellar.

Just my opinion, since you asked.

[This message has been edited by Francine (edited February 29, 2008).]

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information