Topic Options
#15901 - 12/17/05 03:35 PM HUMIDIFIERS
libby Offline

Loc: USA
CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A REALLY GOOD HUMIDIFER? WE SEEM TO GET ONE SEASON OUT OF OURS AND THEN THEY QUIT.

#15902 - 12/17/05 04:15 PM Re: HUMIDIFIERS
Angel24755 Offline

Loc: PA
Quote:
Originally posted by libby:
CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A REALLY GOOD HUMIDIFER? WE SEEM TO GET ONE SEASON OUT OF OURS AND THEN THEY QUIT.

We have three running in the house. We are using "Hunter" brand "Care Free Humidifier Plus". It has a permanent filter so you don't buy replacement filters...just clean it once every so often when the water in the tray starts to get discolored. We have had them burn out and we have been through more humidifiers than I care to count but what I have finally learned is that Home Depot will exchange them when they burn out if you keep your box and your receipt. I think they give you about 6 months to return or exchange them. Now we buy them there and then I tape the receipt to the box and keep the box in the garage in case it burns out prematurely. I haven't had one burn out in ages though (knock on wood). They are about $60 dollars or so. I also give the motors a break every so often...in the evening when we go to bed, I turn the one in the living room off for the night and then when we wake up in the morning and go down to the first floor, I turn the bedroom humidifiers off. It seems to give them a rest. These humidifiers have a little blue night light in them too (my kids love that part LOL.) I really can't imagine there is a humidifier out there than you can run 24/7 for years without it burning out...I just don't think they are meant for that. Most people run them a couple of hours when they are sick or when the air is dry. When I spoke to a guy at home depot in that department, he had never heard of anyone else running them full time but said that there was no reason why we shouldn't be able to and that if they burn out in a couple of months then that would be considered a faulty product and there was no reason why we couldn't exchange it for another one.
Lisa

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information