Topic Options
#15877 - 09/02/05 01:26 AM I am soo confused
pugs Offline

I am 14 but i don't know one thing. How do u deal with people always making sunburn comments about you. This one time this lady said wow ur luck i bet everyone says ur sunburn cuz u look it. help please

#15878 - 09/02/05 01:28 PM Re: I am soo confused
immystique Offline

Loc: Grand Junction, CO, USA
I have LI and I get that all the time, too. I don't get those comments as much as I used to, though, since I started wearing foundation & makeup--that covers up most of the redness.

Most of the time, I say (nicely) I'm not sunburned, I was born this way, the same thing goes for my hands. Most people just leave it alone then. No more questions and no more comments.

Sometimes I don't feel like getting into my medical history w/ strangers, so I just smile & agree with them, saying something like "I was on my motorcycle all weekend" or something like that.

#15879 - 09/02/05 02:04 PM Re: I am soo confused
Beth Engerman Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN USA
I used to feel the need to explain to people that I don't have a sunburn, but I really don't anymore. I will only share the specifics of my skin disease with people that are close to me and are truely interested in understanding.

With strangers I do one of two things (depending on my mood for the day). I just smile and agree that I got a really bad sunburn (I do this a lot now that I am a little older).

Or I tell them that I have a sun allergy and my mom/dad locked me out of the house (I did this more when I was a teenager). I thought it was funny, my parents didn't find it funny at all.

I say let it go smile and agree with them and move on with your day. As long as they aren't trying to deliberately hurt your feelings I wouldn't worry too much about it.

------------------
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequte; but that we are powerful beyond all measure." Nelson Mandela

#15880 - 09/04/05 04:05 AM Re: I am soo confused
pugs Offline

Hey guys thank you so much for your answers and if anyone else has an answer to any of my other questions my user name is pugs. Thnak you

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information