Topic Options
#15862 - 07/30/05 02:29 AM Helpful Hints.
pugs Offline

I'm 14 years old but i am very informative.I asked e and a lot of questions when i was younger and now. I use aquaphor and sometimes eucerin to help my skin face and scalp. We went through many treatments for the scalp and feet. For the scalp i recomend T-Gel and for feet parahin wax and Aquaphor. They have all helped me and i was wonering what has helped you.

#15863 - 08/03/05 07:11 PM Re: Helpful Hints.
dpatock Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Hi pugs,

my daughter is 15 months old and we have been using all of the same things as you. She is doing remarkably well with the aquaphor (and we put TriCeram on too morning and night) and the eucerin plus during the day. does it affect your whole body? or just certain parts? my daughter is affected most in areas where she sweats: armpits, diaper area, neck and scalp. the hardest part for us to control is her head. any ideas there?

#15864 - 08/13/05 07:34 PM Re: Helpful Hints.
wva Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI, USA
Have you tried using any over the counter creams mixed with glycerine? I have been using Collagen ELastin Cream (in the short salmon-pink container 12 oz) mixed with 8 oz of glycerine. I have moderate LI (some flaking, tight pink skin, worse looking on hands and feet-like an elderly person) and have been using this mixture for years. I also use the aquaphor with 20% urea which seems to be helping the skin on my feet to crack less. My mom used to actually put lotions on my scalp and wait a couple of hours then, she would comb out the loosened dry scalp and wash my scalp with prescription shampoos. It's harder to do for yourself without seeing what you are doing. I am caucasion (Irish descent) and lately I have been trying some of the herbal oils, sulfur shampoos, and protein based creams for African American skin and hair. Though one of my best friends for 15 years is a black woman I still get funny looks from people in the stores when I carry these products to the register. I have met people around me that are also using high amounts of glycerine in their own lotions for skin disorders too. By the way, I am 39 and my best years for my skin was when I was a teen.

[This message has been edited by wva (edited September 26, 2005).]

#15865 - 09/25/05 01:40 AM Re: Helpful Hints.
wva Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI, USA
Again I am reiterating the fact that I have been trying products meant for african-american skin, scalp, and hair because whenever I read the ingredients in the herbal oils and moisture products it all comes back to the same ingredients in the much less expensive over the counter products that I am using. I still want to try some of the products that I have been reading about on the bulliten board here. But, it is very worthwhile to read the ingredients in the more expensive products that we sometimes buy and compare it to the same ingredients in the much less expensive and less glamorized marketing. I discovered the herbal oils at none other than "Walmart" and even in Family Dollar in the products aisle for black people's skin with the same ingredients at a much cheaper price. First read the ingredients in the product that is working for your own skin and then read the ingredients(often used for the hair and scalp but, I use it on my skin) in the other products and see if it is the same.

#15866 - 10/29/05 09:16 PM Re: Helpful Hints.
Ursula Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland
Hiya, I have just posted a rely on the mums board under lotions for kids about Neutrogena Dermatological Cream (norwegian formula) for dry skin. I have found it the best of all the creams I have come across for my son's skin. He is 4. you can get it on prescription if in the UK. It comes in 100ml tubes. I have even put it in his scalp at times and it washes out no bother in the mornin, the flakes come away and it doesn't dry out his hair like some of the other hair creams and strong shampoos can. I hope this may help you. God Bless.

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information