Topic Options
#15802 - 12/11/04 04:57 AM PLEASE HELP!! Drooping Eyes 40 year old - after Blepharoplasty
trenaschaeffer Offline

Loc: Eufaula, OK USA
My boyfriend just had upper & lower eyelid (BLEPHAROPLASTY) surgery 11/30/04. Since the surgery both of his lower eyelids are pulled away from his eyes and after doing a lot of searching on the internet, it appears that he now has ECOTROPION. He still has a lot of tearing plus irritation but we are assuming this could be because it hasn’t been but 10 days.

He has an appointment with the doctor who performed the surgery this coming Monday. The doctor is telling him (Mike) that he doesn’t want Mike walking around for another week or two with his eyes in the conditions they are in. Would you suggest the surgery be performed so soon?

I have contacted a plastic surgeon in Oklahoma City, who has been highly recommended by many people… and when I contacted this surgeon, I was told that Mike should not even consider any additional surgeries for 3 to 6 months so that his eyes will have plenty of time to heal.

Am just looking for someone else who has had this type of complication after the BLEPHAROPLASTY SURGERY.

Also, for the upper eyelids, the line where the stitches were is very rough – not the least bit smooth. Should it be smooth by now or in your opinion, will it finally smooth out within time?

Thank you so much in advance for any thoughts or words of advice!!

#15803 - 12/30/04 03:00 AM Re: PLEASE HELP!! Drooping Eyes 40 year old - after Blepharoplasty
sofia Offline

Loc: Little Neck, New York , Queens
I had the sugery in October of 2003. It took almost 6-8 months to fully recover. It was the best decision I ever made. I would recommend he relaxes for at least 2 -3 weeks. I had punctal plugs put in my upper and lower lid and the surgeon also lifted the bottom lids so that my eyes would close better. I was also given Restasis drops after 1 month so that my tears would become of better qualities. I suffered from 6 corneal abrasions on my right eye and 6 or 7 on my left eye and they were brutal. I recommend you wait before another surgery is done.

[img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Sofia

#15804 - 10/18/05 09:55 PM Re: PLEASE HELP!! Drooping Eyes 40 year old - after Blepharoplasty
karie4u Offline

Loc: LAS VEGAS NV.
i AM NEW HERE,I HAVE HAD ICTHYOSIS FOR ALL MY LIFE AND I AM 35 NOW.6 MONTHS AGO I WENT IN FOR EYE CHECK UP AND THE dR. RECOMENDED EMIDIATE SURGERY FOR SLIGHT ECTROPIAN.wELL SHE DID A FACE LIFT.NOW I AM SUFFORING FROM SEVERE ECTROPIAN BECOUSE SHE DIDNOT GIVE ME THE CHANCE TO LET IT HEAL ITSELF WITH AGE.dOES ANY ONE KNOW A DR. OR ANYONE WHO WOULD STAND BY ME WITH MY ATTORNEY TO FIGHT TO THE FACT MY ECTROPIAN WOULD HAVE GOT BETTER WITH AGE?aND A FACE LIFT ,NOW THEY ARE HAVING TO DO SKIN GRAFTS.hAS ANYONE HAD ANY SKIN GRAFTS?HOW DO THEY HEAL AND LOOK?

------------------
KARIE

#15805 - 10/27/05 03:22 PM Re: PLEASE HELP!! Drooping Eyes 40 year old - after Blepharoplasty
karie4u Offline

Loc: LAS VEGAS NV.
I just flew to Milwakee to see Dr. Gerald Harris,he is doing my surgery,he has worked with our type's of skin.So there is a chance he could do yours too...

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information