Topic Options
#15732 - 01/12/04 02:35 PM Ligaments and Connective Tissue
Kristen Offline

Loc: Australia
Hello, this is my first time to this site! I have two children with CIE (Ages 4 & 3). Just recently we have been told their ligaments and connective tissue don't work properly. I am wondering if this is common and if anyone else has experienced this?
Appreciate your advice.
Thank-you.

#15733 - 08/14/06 02:56 AM Re: Ligaments and Connective Tissue
highflyer Offline

Loc: redding, ca, shasta county
my son has said to have valgaris,but i am not sure it is correct or it is more server then most, the doctor have said his leg musles are not developing normal.

------------------
daisy & harely

#15734 - 08/14/06 02:10 PM Re: Ligaments and Connective Tissue
Anonymous
Unregistered

NOw that you mention it, my daughter has possiable CIE. sHe is 18months old and to me she looks like her right leg doesnt flex so smoothly. I seem to be the only one who thinks this. My husband said he thinks it looks fine but she is due for a check up next week. I'll ask then. Its hard to tell because they are so wobbly to begin with .lol

#15735 - 08/15/06 01:10 AM Re: Ligaments and Connective Tissue
dalaneysmomee Offline

Loc: Culver, Oregon
My Daughter has CIE and is now 2. We have had a physical therapist come to our home sense she was born. They were very concerned at first with her leg, feet, elbows, hands, and fingers. They just came the first of this month and said that she is now functioning as a "normal" 2 year old should.

#15736 - 08/22/06 01:20 AM Re: Ligaments and Connective Tissue
HJPinSanDiego Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Kristen:
Hello, this is my first time to this site! I have two children with CIE (Ages 4 & 3). Just recently we have been told their ligaments and connective tissue don't work properly. I am wondering if this is common and if anyone else has experienced this?
Appreciate your advice.
Thank-you.

Hi....this is real interesting. I have Lamellar and I am a 45 year old female. I've bee using lotions but I'm real hesitant to take medication for the condtion. Since you mentioned about connective tissue.....did you find that out from a Doctor? Do you know if it affects the blood stream too? At this time I've been doing blood tests and will be seeing other Doctors because of age factor. Boy, it's really an uncomfortable feeling. I really hope to hear from you...PLEASE.

HJP

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information