Topic Options
#15554 - 03/18/01 08:31 PM Help
wilsod1000 Offline

Loc: Amherst NY. Erie
Any information on what is the best shampoo for your hair?
My scalp is very scaly.
Thank you

Sencerly, Annmarie

------------------
Dolphins

#15555 - 03/19/01 09:35 PM Re: Help
Laura Phillips Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI
Annmarie,

I don't think there's any single 'best' shampoo for ichthyosis. We've tried to list some of the most common/frequent favorites on our "Hair and Scalp Products page": http://www.ichthyosis.com/hairprod.htm

Those are the best things I could suggest.

If anyone has a favorite product we should add, let me know.

Laura

#15556 - 03/19/01 10:09 PM Re: Help
wilsod1000 Offline

Loc: Amherst NY. Erie
Dear Laura,
I did buy Neutrogena Clean Replenishing shampoo. So I guess I have the wrong one because by head is still itchy and dry.
Did I buy the wrong shampoo Laura?
Thank you Sencerly, Annmarie

------------------
Dolphins

#15557 - 03/21/01 05:33 PM Re: Help
Laura Phillips Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI
Annmarie,

I hestitate to call anything "wrong" in terms of trying a product and seeing if it works for you. Just about anything is worth a try, and everyone's ichthyosis is just a little different. So while there are certainly some commonalities (a product or ingredient that works well for a lot of people with ichthyosis), your personal experience may always vary.

I think it was worthwhile for you to try the Neutragena shampoo that you did---unfortunately, you found out it didn't really help.

Yeah, next time you're shopping for shampoo, you might want to give one of the other Neutragena shampoos a try. T-Sal is definitely the strongest of the Neutragena shampoos (in fact, some people with mild ichthyosis find that it's too strong for them). Maybe you'll have better luck with one of those. The PDS shampoo is also very potent.

So much is still trial-and-error when trying to figure out what will help your ichthyosis.

Hope you find something that you like,

Laura

#15558 - 03/21/01 08:55 PM Re: Help
Beth Engerman Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN USA
Annmarie-
I use a product from Avon called Advanced Techniqued Anti Dandruff shampoo. I works really great for me, and I know that this might sound a little crazy but I also use this same shampoo as a body wash. I works great for me, so if you have access to Avon maybe you should give it a try. I have not tried any other anti dandruff shampoo that are out there right now and they might work just as well, but the Avon shampoo also has a great scent to it too. Hope this helps you out some. Good Luck!!

#15559 - 04/10/01 04:57 PM Re: Help
Chandra Offline

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Hair and Scalp products I've used and would recommend:

P&S shampoo
DHS shampoo & Scalp treatment (2 products)

#15560 - 04/11/01 11:11 AM Re: Help
Lisa Marie Offline

Loc: NY
So far the best shampoo I've used for getting rid of itching and flakes is Dermarest (I think that is the name)for Psoriasis (bought at Rite Aid). I only have to use it once or twice a week and it keeps my scalp clear, otherwise my scalp is a mess.

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information