Topic Options
#15391 - 03/29/06 07:30 PM Soriatane and Depression
Alyssa Offline

Loc: Roselle, IL USA
Has anyone dealt with depression only after you started taking Soriatane? My mother has been on the drug for 2 years now. She was always a vibrant and boisterous person but since taking the drug, has dove into a deep depression she is seeking help for. Does anyone else have any experience like that?

#15392 - 03/30/06 08:42 PM Re: Soriatane and Depression
shandra Offline
Dakota's mom Lamellar

Loc: Cape Coral, FL
Hi Alyssa,
I can't answer your question, being never have used it. My son with LI is only 6 months. But in a post further down Les posted this site for someone else that asked a question about Soriatane. here is the link to the site: http://www.connetics.com/home_flash.html I guess youcan call and ask them questions directly. But also if you post this over in the General area of the board you will probley get a lot of responses. What kind of Ich does your Mother have? I see that you are just in Roselle, I am from Algonquin only about 25 minutes away.

#15393 - 03/31/06 02:43 AM Re: Soriatane and Depression
Alyssa Offline

Loc: Roselle, IL USA
My mother has EHK, and lives in Roselle. Thank you for the advice in posting my question in General Discussions. I hope somebody can offer some help or advice. Thanks again.

#15394 - 01/13/08 05:12 AM Re: Soriatane and Depression
miss chuckles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Alyssa:
Has anyone dealt with depression only after you started taking Soriatane? My mother has been on the drug for 2 years now. She was always a vibrant and boisterous person but since taking the drug, has dove into a deep depression she is seeking help for. Does anyone else have any experience like that?

#15395 - 01/13/08 05:16 AM Re: Soriatane and Depression
miss chuckles Offline

yesI started acitretin when i was at school I was 15 it was like it happened over night my schhol grades dropped and i changed I'm still dealing with the depression now and I am 32 now. I am currently on medication to treat the depression. People say to stop taking the acitretin but i don't want my skin to be like it was before i started the acitretin so I have to put up with the depression.

#15396 - 01/14/08 07:44 PM Re: Soriatane and Depression
Sarah Helen Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, Probably North of...
I have a minor, self-diagnosed level of depression but it also runs in my family. Grandparent, parent and sibling have all been affected by different levels of depression. I'm not sure if I can blame it on the Soriatane or genetics but I'm not willing to get off the Soriatane long enough to find out.

------------------
Sarah
35 with EHK

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information