Topic Options
#15378 - 07/13/05 12:36 AM neo tigason help!
BG Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
A dermo has just advised me i should consider taking neotigason for my Ich but has warned me that I can't have children for 2 years after stopping the mediaction! This scares me to death and I am 28 so i am in my prime fertility years. Anyway what's to say it can't cause further problems after prolonged use anyhow, like if i take it for quite some time. I really am scared by this and don't even know how successful it is as a treatment. Can anyone give me any advice?? How well does it clear up the scales?? Are there any safer alternatives? I am so sick to death of Dermo's at present. I can't find one i like that is up to date and educated on Ich! I find out more on the internet esp when it has come to creams over the past year. Thank you

#15379 - 07/19/05 12:21 PM Re: neo tigason help!
patience Offline

Loc: australia
Quote:
Originally posted by BG:
A dermo has just advised me i should consider taking neotigason for my Ich but has warned me that I can't have children for 2 years after stopping the mediaction! This scares me to death and I am 28 so i am in my prime fertility years. Anyway what's to say it can't cause further problems after prolonged use anyhow, like if i take it for quite some time. I really am scared by this and don't even know how successful it is as a treatment. Can anyone give me any advice?? How well does it clear up the scales?? Are there any safer alternatives? I am so sick to death of Dermo's at present. I can't find one i like that is up to date and educated on Ich! I find out more on the internet esp when it has come to creams over the past year. Thank you

Hi BG

Well i have been on the drug neotigason for about 17yrs,and in my experiance its fantastic,but since chating with others on the board it can have different side effect to each person,my scales have all nearly gone,although i do get the occ sore joints,and my hair can get quite dry,but apart from that its fine,but who knows the long term effect,but i am lowering my dose to 10mg per day,at the moment i take 25mg per day,i came off it to have my daughter,she is eight now and no skin problems and she is as healthy as,i think u have to weigh up the pro and cons,hope this helped a little,whatever you deceide i wish you the best.

Patience

#15380 - 07/19/05 11:59 PM Re: neo tigason help!
BG Offline

Thanks patience,

In your opinion what do you think made the MOST difference to your hands/skin - the laser treatment you had 20yrs ago or the neotigason? Have the dermatologists had an opinion on this? I swear we have the most uninformed dermatologists on earth in sydney!

#15381 - 07/20/05 03:59 AM Re: neo tigason help!
Les Avakian Offline

Loc: Fresno, Calif. USA 93705
Hello BG and Patience
I just thought I would inform you of the waiting period of soriatane/neotigason to have children. In talking with Dr. Lincoln Krochmol, exec. vice president, research and product development for Connetics Corp., he told me it has now been increased to a three year waiting period.Connetics Corp. purchased from Roche the rights to distribute soriatane in the United States and to distribute neotigason in selected markets outside the U.S.For more information, you can go to www.connetics.com for more information.I hope this helps.
Sincerely,
Les Avakian

#15382 - 07/20/05 04:06 AM Re: neo tigason help!
BG Offline

Thank you so much. That only confirms moreso that this isnt for me. Just too big a risk at this stage in my life.
Regards, belinda

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information