Topic Options
#15127 - 12/06/00 01:54 PM Tazorac!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just wanted to let everybody know about a study I have been participating in at UCLA headed up by Dr. Lowe. I have been trying a new topical retinoid called tazorac. I have been putting it on one arm and lachydrin on the other. The tazorac arm is nearly completely cleared after only 10 days. The lachydrin arm has not faired as well but has made a significant improvement. I have been told that there are NO SIDE EFFECTS from tazorac and have not experienced any yet. I don't know if it is approved for prescription use as of yet and will probably cost an arm and a leg but it works better then any other cream I have ever used. I will try to put before and after pictures in the show and tell if I can figure out how to do it. If you have any questions email me. keithx1@earthlink.net

#15128 - 12/06/00 03:53 PM Re: Tazorac!!!
Solomon Rumicha Offline

I have been using Tazorac for about 4 weeks on my 4 year old son and is working very well and also my son is not complaining for any discomfort. It is available only by prescription. Worth to try it.

#15129 - 12/08/00 05:26 PM Re: Tazorac!!!
Laura Phillips Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI
I've been under the impression that Tazorac is very effective, but that yes, it costs an arm and a leg and is therefore packaged in pretty small tubes.

So, for an adult, it would be best suited to hands, face, maybe some of your arms...but not really a practical solution for your entire body.

Did I get this wrong?

I'm really happy for everyone that's tried it so far and is having success. Few things in the world are better than having ichthyosis and finding something that really improves it.

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information