Topic Options
#14708 - 10/07/07 07:35 AM Chicken pox tips?
Francesca Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Lucia has chicken pox and has been in great discomfort for 3 days...I still can't believe she caught it and I had postponed the vaccine at 18mths due to all the EE dramas - she was booked in for next week!
Any tips for easing the symptoms for a 2yo with Nethertons - we can't use Calamine lotion, but Aloe Vera gel has been suggested(thanks Kotick!)and callendula oil in a cool bath...
Any help would be greatly appreciated - we are currently in a majorly sleep-deprived environment, thanks

#14709 - 10/08/07 01:09 PM Re: Chicken pox tips?
didi4nyc Offline

Loc: ny
oh i have nethertons and caught chicken pox at the age of 6... it was really bad I still remember to this day how bad it felt. My body not only had chicken pox but of course it molted completely because of the fevers. Oatmeal baths, lots of tylenol and liquids. I also think maybe a little more than ussual of the any meds to keep the itch down might not be a bad idea.

#14710 - 10/10/07 03:19 AM Re: Chicken pox tips?
Francesca Offline

Thanks for tips - we seem to have turned a corner today and the fever has finally abated and no new blisters....the last 5 days have not been fun, but like you suggested with the oatmeal baths(cool), callendula oil, aloe vera gel, increased drinking and Painstop we eventually got some sleep last night [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Lucia is back on her feet today(rather than in our bed) and we even got a smile so its onwards and upwards!

#14711 - 10/10/07 11:10 AM Re: Chicken pox tips?
Kotick Offline

Awesome!!!

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information