Topic Options
#13950 - 04/26/07 08:02 PM Yeast infection
jrmiss86 Offline

Loc: Marlton, NJ, USA
So I just got back from the dr. and Liz(6 weeks) has a yeast infection on her bottom. I know she is not the one with icthyosis, but I figured if anybody could help with this you guys could. She seems to be prone to diaper rashes because she has now had three including this yeast infection and she is only 6 weeks old. does anybody know of anything that I can do to help prevent her from getting another one. This is not something that I want to do again. I am at a loss of what to do because with Alex even though he has xli, he has never had a problem with diaper rashes.

thanks

Heather
Liz (3/16/07)

#13951 - 04/26/07 08:43 PM Re: Yeast infection
Mama T Offline

Loc: Ellicott City, MD USA
I haven't figured out how to prevent yeast infections or diaper rashes but I do know that if you catch them early it's a lot easier to treat them.

Whenever I start to notice yeast rash symptoms on Trevor (LI, 27 months) - mainly redness with tiny bumps in the diaper/groin area - I apply two creams - nystatin (Rx from his derm) and hydrocortisone (OTC) twice a day for about 3-4 days. Usually that clears it up.

Proud Mama of:
Trevor / Jan. 2005 / Lamellar
Spencer / Nov. 2007 / Lamellar

#13952 - 04/27/07 01:41 PM Re: Yeast infection
luckelizard Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX, USA
my kids always had diaper rashes.. and the only thing that worked for them was certain diapers (luvs as babbies) and huggies as they got older.. the only thing that works on the rash for my kids was pure cornstarch.. i would get a spoon full and dump it in the diaper at each diaper change.. and rub in on the really bad blotches.. it cleard it up within two days.. neither one of my children has ichthyosis.. hope this helps.. keep us posted.

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information