Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#13905 - 04/26/07 01:11 PM Re: Bakers p&s
libby Offline

Loc: USA
I am just curious as to how the P & S is working? It's been a cpl of weeks now. Do you put the P & S just on the head, hands, and feet? Is it ok for the face? I am debating on getting it for my daughter who has CIE.

Thanks!

#13906 - 04/26/07 05:11 PM Re: Bakers p&s
CShell Offline

Loc: Fort Meade, MD
I asked our ped. about it yesterday, waiting for her to call back. I'm not holding my breath because it has glycerin in it lol

#13907 - 04/26/07 10:10 PM Re: Bakers p&s
libby Offline

Loc: USA
IS YOUR DAUGHTER ALLERGIC TO GLYCERIN? OR??

#13908 - 04/26/07 11:00 PM Re: Bakers p&s
CShell Offline

No, but she has Netherton's, and 99% of the stuff you can use for other types of ich. you can't use for her - her skin is really thin, and she absorbs a lot. We've never used glycerin on her before, generally we can't use anything like lactic acids or alphahydroxy, ect.

#13909 - 04/27/07 01:33 AM Re: Bakers p&s
sideshowbob Offline

Loc: Midwest, USA
Courtney,
Seeing what it did to A's scalp, I can't think it would be good for Julia. It peeled the entire top layer of her scalp off, and scales came off the size of quarters (we usually have small scales about the size of my pinky nail or smaller). I can see now why Julia's hair came out -- A's scales pulled up around her hair as I combed, and I had to gently break them up or else it pulled out lots of hair with it. I'm thinking Julia's hair just broke off at the shaft when her scales came out the other day.

I did put it on A's feet again, and it seems to have made them a little smoother. It's hard to tell, because she walks so much they get calloused just like anyone else's feet. Her hands are so soft right now, I can't believe it. I don't know if it's just the change in weather or the P&S, but I love her little baby hands!

#13910 - 04/27/07 02:27 AM Re: Bakers p&s
graciesmom Offline

Loc: orange park, florida,usa
How long did it take for the scales to come out? I've have used it for about a full week and the scales have not come out yet. They have now formed big scales and are a little loose around the edges. If I could just pick at them I think I could get them out without taking the hair out but Gracie will not let me comb or pull them out. I'm still using the bakers in hopes that they will eventually fall out? Just don't know what else to do.

#13911 - 04/27/07 01:10 PM Re: Bakers p&s
sideshowbob Offline

Loc: Midwest, USA
I put in the Nutcracker video, pulled A's head to rest on my chest, covered her up with a blanket, and combed the scales out for about 30 minutes. I had to work the scales out gently with the lice comb, starting at the edge and then peeling it up. It took me three days to get all the large scales out, because obviously this wasn't comfortable and you can only get a two year old to cooperate so long.

I found some tea tree oil in the ethnic hair care section and used it the other night (it's a mix of several oils, including coconut, olive, tea tree, and others). I put it on at bedtime instead of her Curel, and it didn't make her hair look too greasy the next morning. We've had smaller scales the past week, but I can't say it was any one product that did it (we're at 55% humidity now, so the weather is a huge factor).

#13912 - 04/27/07 08:13 PM Re: Bakers p&s
CShell Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sideshowbob:
Courtney,
Seeing what it did to A's scalp, I can't think it would be good for Julia.

Darnit! lol She has a pretty thick layer of scales on the very top of her head, where the hair is though. Just on the top, everywhere else her head is only slightly flaky!!

I'm just at a total loss on how to get it out, without making her bald. I can get them out with a comb or a washcloth, but all of her hair will rip out and I just can't bring myself to do it!!

#13913 - 04/27/07 09:38 PM Re: Bakers p&s
shandra Offline
Dakota's mom Lamellar

Loc: Cape Coral, FL
It seems like everyone is having good luck with the P&S. Mine was delivered yesterday, so I tried it on Dakota when I put him to bed, and oh my gosh, I have not had any sleep. He was up all night crying. I finally took a wash cloth and tried to take most of it off his head. What a miserable night. Nothing has ever bothered him before. We use to use DermaSmooth and that never bothered him.It does look like it loosened some of the scaled tho. He will never let me comb or pick at his head tho. I am going to put it on his head again in a minute and wash it out when he takes his evening bath. I put it on dry hair are you suppose to put it on when the head is wet?

#13914 - 05/02/07 06:22 PM Re: Bakers p&s
CShell Offline

Amazingly, our derm. and ped. gave us the go-ahead for the P+S stuff, so I guess we'll give it a shot. I mentioned to the ped. that some kids it seemed to hurt, and she said to make sure and buy the shampoo that comes with it, because it might be that it's hard to get off the scalp and if it stays on for longer than it's supposed to it can burn. I have no idea.

Anyone know if there's a way to dilute it? Maybe the first time we use it, I'll mix it with Aquaphor or something...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information