Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#13895 - 04/18/07 01:40 AM Bakers p&s
graciesmom Offline

Loc: orange park, florida,usa
It's used to remove scales from the scalp. Just curious if anyone has ever tried it or heard of it. Gracie's derm told us about it and I'm thinking about tring it.

#13896 - 04/18/07 10:11 PM Re: Bakers p&s
sideshowbob Offline

Loc: Midwest, USA
I used P&S oil on A last night for the first time; I think it's made by the same people who make Vanicream and Free & Clear shampoo. Her scalp is whistle clean this morning -- nary a scale in sight. It also is beet red, and her hair is greasy even after I washed it this morning. She says it doesn't hurt, so maybe the redness is just the color of her scalp without the scales covering it? Who knows. It seemed to have worked, though, and I will probably use it at least once a week to get the major build-up off.

Oh, and weirdest thing -- her hands are baby smooth today. She rubs her hair a lot in her sleep, and I think she got the oil on her hands and it got the build-up off her hands, too. Whatever the reason, it was so nice to feel her hand today and know that it wasn't too dry or uncomfortable for once.

#13897 - 04/18/07 10:54 PM Re: Bakers p&s
graciesmom Offline

I used it last night too for the first time. I only left it in for about two hours while grace was taking a bath and then I washed it out. Did you leave it in her hair over night? How did you keep it from getting every where? I would love to keep it in Gracie hair for a while but she will not keep a hat on and i'm afraid she might get it in her eyes. Did you buy the shampoo that goes with the oil? Our derm. said it works well and should take the oil out of the hair easily. I'm glad it worked for you, I can tell a difference already but need to keep it on Gracie a little longer.

#13898 - 04/19/07 12:09 AM Re: Bakers p&s
shandra Offline
Dakota's mom Lamellar

Loc: Cape Coral, FL
what is the P&S oil and where do you buy it? I have never heard of it.

#13899 - 04/19/07 01:11 AM Re: Bakers p&s
sideshowbob Offline

Shandra,
P&S oil is marketed for psoriasis. I got it off www.dermadoctor.com
Here is the link to the product so you can read about it: http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?WID=%7B05A04EEC%2DC023%2D473B%2DB5D7%2D7C1D6FF4A0FD%7D&productid=206

Jennifer,
I put it on A's hair overnight, which I think was a mistake for someone so young. I didn't have a problem with it getting anywhere -- I rubbed it into her scalp while she was in the tub, and then combed it through when we got out. Next time I think I'll bathe her in the morning with it, and wash it out at lunch. She had it on for 12 hours (that's how long she sleeps), which was way too long. I think maybe 5 hours would be good. Her poor little scalp is STILL red, but she insists it feels fine. I think she's so used to being uncomfortable she doesn't notice. Poor little baby.

I didn't order the shampoo, because the shampoo is just 2% salicylic acid, and I can use T-sal for that. It also has the dreaded methylparaben in it (and animal protein?). I know Erin uses P&S, though, so maybe she's tried the shampoo.

#13900 - 04/19/07 03:11 AM Re: Bakers p&s
graciesmom Offline

I just put it on Gracie's scalp tonight while in her bath and left it in for the night. I hope it doesn't hurt her, I put a little bit of water on it to dilute it so hopefully she'll be ok. Her scales are extremely thick, thicker than I have ever seen and we need as much help as we can get. Her little scalp bleeds every time I try to brush her hair, it's so sad. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this product will help. I bought the shampoo but didn't realize it had parabens in it. I probably will not use it now but need to find something strong enough to get the oil out in the morning. Thanks for the info, Jennifer

#13901 - 04/20/07 09:26 PM Re: Bakers p&s
sideshowbob Offline

How did the P&S work on Gracie?

#13902 - 04/21/07 01:13 AM Re: Bakers p&s
graciesmom Offline

Thanks for asking, it's worked better than anything else we have tried. After just one use I can tell that the scales are lifting up but not yet ready to come off. I tried to comb them out in the tube this morning but she started to bleed again. I did get a few scales off which is a big deal for us! I used it again tonight so hopefully we will have some success in the A.M. How is it working for you? Gracie's Derm. suggested Derma Smooth to use once the scales come off, Have you ever tried it? I might give it a try next week to see if it might work better than the p&s.?

#13903 - 04/21/07 02:36 AM Re: Bakers p&s
sideshowbob Offline

I've heard great things about DermaSmooth, both on this board and the psoriasis board (I lurk over there to pick up tips, since they deal with scaling, too.) I really want to try it; I think I'll call our derm next week and see what he thinks.

I think I'm going to put the P&S on A's feet tomorrow night and see if the smooth hands was just a fluke, or if I'm onto something... Keep me posted on Gracie's progress!

#13904 - 04/21/07 12:40 PM Re: Bakers p&s
graciesmom Offline

Good idea, it seems to make my hands soft when I rub it in Gracie's hair...it might work on her feet. Let us know how it worked. Jennifer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information