Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#13733 - 03/29/07 01:59 PM WHAT is with kids' shows today?! lol
CShell Offline

Loc: Fort Meade, MD
My goodness! When I was a kid, I used to watch like, Barney and Sesame Street.

What I'd like to know, is what the heck is a Doodlebop?! lol Julia's now OBSESSED with this show, it's the weirdest thing. I'll flip the TV on for her for about half an hour in the mornings (momma needs her coffee lol), and she'll whine until I turn it on. Talking mooseheads...talking cats...this show's a little much for me lol

#13734 - 03/29/07 02:11 PM Re: WHAT is with kids' shows today?! lol
sideshowbob Offline

Loc: Midwest, USA
Ha! I have to go see them in concert this week! Just wait 'til you get the bus song stuck in your head for a month....

#13735 - 03/29/07 02:18 PM Re: WHAT is with kids' shows today?! lol
Les Avakian Offline

Loc: Fresno, Calif. USA 93705
Good Morning Courtney
LOL. Love your post. Thanks for the headsup on Doodlebop.I have a four year old nephew who asked to play games on my computer last week and I offered my assistance.He replied he can do it and a few clicks of the mouse and we are playing games for kids in his age bracket.I gave him my seat and he proceeded to show me about enlarging his pictures in my files.Quite amazing what the kids are learning at such an early age.Thanks for the post Courtney.

#13736 - 03/29/07 02:42 PM Re: WHAT is with kids' shows today?! lol
jrmiss86 Offline

Loc: Marlton, NJ, USA
How funny,

we always make sure that we turn off Disney before they come on, they drive me and my husband nuts and as much as Alex likes music he would probably love them. If you are looking for something better we love Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at 8 and 830. Playhouse Disney is our Favorite channel mostly because there are no commercials.

Heather
Liz (3/16/07)

#13737 - 03/29/07 03:19 PM Re: WHAT is with kids' shows today?! lol
graciesmom Offline

Loc: orange park, florida,usa
That's funny! I can't stand the doodlebops but both of my daughters love them. I turn the tv off before they come on but I do let my girls watch the wiggles. Both absolutely love them, we have even been to the wiggles concert twice.LOL

#13738 - 03/29/07 03:37 PM Re: WHAT is with kids' shows today?! lol
CShell Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Les Avakian:
Good Morning Courtney
LOL. Love your post. Thanks for the headsup on Doodlebop.I have a four year old nephew who asked to play games on my computer last week and I offered my assistance.He replied he can do it and a few clicks of the mouse and we are playing games for kids in his age bracket.I gave him my seat and he proceeded to show me about enlarging his pictures in my files.Quite amazing what the kids are learning at such an early age.Thanks for the post Courtney.

lol! Sometimes I feel like Julia knows how to work a computer better than me - and all she does is pound on the keyboard! lol

#13739 - 03/29/07 06:51 PM Re: WHAT is with kids' shows today?! lol
Curtise Offline

Loc: Sheffield, UK
I agree that Doodlebops are a bizarre creation - who dreams these programmes up, and what are they on?!

My kids were keen on Lazytown, which I did think was very strange at first but it grew on me, and Wonderpets (I heard them singing about the song about team work the other day as they were being made to tidy up some toys...) But I'm afraid they have discovered Power Rangers (the older 2, not Nina, I hasten to add) which is truly dreadful but they are transfixed.

Ahh, I remember the days, before I had kids, when I thought I wouldn't let them watch much TV... how things change!

#13740 - 03/29/07 09:43 PM Re: WHAT is with kids' shows today?! lol
CShell Offline

The Wonderpets is a weird show, too! That's the one with the weirdly animated hamster, right? I usually leave the TV on in the other room when I'm giving Julia a bath so she's a bit distracted lol And that's usually whats on. I haven't really sat down and watched it yet though. Another one we keep on in the background is that Little Einsteins or something? I like that show, I like all the classical music lol

#13741 - 03/30/07 12:15 AM Re: WHAT is with kids' shows today?! lol
LauraAnn Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Aaaaahhhhh! We were on vacation last summer and we had cable, which we don't normally have, and my 2 year old (well, now he's 3) saw Doodlebops on tv......it happened to pop on after another show he was watching, and I'm tellin ya, he was HOOKED, or more obsessed, actually. That show just freaks me out. I can't handle watching all the colored people. STRANGE. So, we kept trying to change the channel when we knew it was coming (it worked sometimes).....luckily we don't have cable, or I am sure I would have to endure this show!
It is seriously way too trippy, seems like it would give kids nightmares!

#13742 - 03/30/07 12:39 AM Re: WHAT is with kids' shows today?! lol
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
One word: DVR.

We pre-recorded Little Einsteins, Wiggles, and Sesame Street. That way we never, EVER had to turn on the Disney channel and listen to Jojo's whine or watch the Doodlebops or any of the other horrors on there.

Stanley's a nice program, too, especially if you have an animal lover.
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information