Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#13617 - 03/13/07 04:45 PM Re: The first few hours of your collodian baby's life.
dotvicky Offline

That's good to know that I may be able to breastfeed him from the breast. I'm a very tactile person anyway and, especially having lost my last one, I imagine I will want any and every opportunity to hold him. In fact - I'm planning on having a 'Top Five' list of requests on my birth plan and one of them will be to let me hold my baby skin-to-skin as much as possible. I understand that that will be a lot less if he ends up in the NICU but anything and everything I can get, I will.

I am also fortunate that the best NICU in the area is not only in the hospital very close to our house but I believe they are good at providing places for the parents to stay on site as well. My local SANDS group (group for bereaved mothers) also have been very involved in making it as parent and child friendly as possible which is good.

Thanks for your help.

Vicky
xx

#13618 - 03/13/07 06:28 PM Re: The first few hours of your collodian baby's life.
dotvicky Offline

To be honest, I'm not going to rush to get a dermatologist just yet. This baby's worst odds of getting a skin problem are 1 in 4 and they probably aren't even that high as they're not 100% certain about the last baby's diagnosis yet.

I figure we'll be able to get one pretty quickly if he has a problem, it's just important to know what to do in those first few hours of life... and I'll no doubt do more research on that nearer the time. He has other hurdles to overcome that affected his brother before he even exits into our world.

Vicky
xx

[This message has been edited by dotvicky (edited March 13, 2007).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information