Topic Options
#13600 - 03/05/07 07:02 PM Lack of drooling and ich.?
CShell Offline

Loc: Fort Meade, MD
I'm just curious if there's any correlation between a lack of drooling and ichthyosis, or if Julia's just odd lol She's teething majorly right now, and she NEVER drools. She hasn't drooled in the past, either. Maybe from her losing water thru her skin more quickly than unaffected babies, or maybe she's just an odd-ball and doesn't drool? lol I just saw a picture of my friend's baby, and the entire front of his shirt was SOAKED with drool lol

#13601 - 03/05/07 08:09 PM Re: Lack of drooling and ich.?
texlex99_dup1 Offline

Loc: Brooklyn Park, MN USA
Courtney, be glad that she isn't always wet. My 3 girls all drooled like crazy, and were constantly wet, and neither of them have any form of ich. My brother on the other hand, who also has NS drooled constantly, every baby picture of him the front of his shirt is really wet. And I don't believe that I was as bad with the drooling. How is everything elso going? Send me an email when you get a chance and get me caught up on what's happening with you guys.

Becky

#13602 - 03/05/07 08:26 PM Re: Lack of drooling and ich.?
libby Offline

Loc: USA
Oh my gosh, it's so funny that this is mentioned right now! I am currently watching a 4 mo old little boy who drools SOOOOOOO much. I have gone through 7 bibs in 7 hours! You can't even hold him w/out getting soaked!! He is constantly WET! It kinda drives me nuts!! My kids were not droolers, so this is new to me!!

Lib

#13603 - 03/05/07 08:35 PM Re: Lack of drooling and ich.?
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
My first (affected) was a bit of a drooler but not too bad. He drooled when he was getting a tooth in - so for about 2 weeks every 3 or 4 months. Then again, he puked on anybody and anything.

My second (unaffected) did not drool at all. I didn't even know when she was getting tooth!

My third (affected) was a dripping faucet. From 4 months to 9 months, I went through 3 outfits and 4 bibs every day.

I'll just hazard a guess that you got lucky!
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#13604 - 03/05/07 08:41 PM Re: Lack of drooling and ich.?
threerxli Offline

Loc: virginia
Courtney, I would consider it a blessing, as long a she is hydrated, youre good to go!
From a mom that only had one non droolly one out of three ( messy messy) and we called it "baby slime" LOL

#13605 - 03/05/07 08:54 PM Re: Lack of drooling and ich.?
NESSAS MOMMY Offline

Loc: NY
Well Vanessa drooled so much that we left a bib on her 24/7. It was so bad. But I think there can be a connection. I was told Vanessa may never have tears or any kind of bodily fluid. She does have all except for the sweating part. It might very well be the case with Jules. Just ask the Dr. They should know the answer to that.

#13606 - 03/06/07 12:16 AM Re: Lack of drooling and ich.?
CShell Offline

Loc: Fort Meade, MD
lol Thanks for the replies. Guess I just got lucky [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] When I was a nanny it was always the norm for the kids I watched to drool like crazy.

Nessa's mom - I don't think that other stuff is a problem with Julia. She sweats a lot, and she cries real tears (it's so sad!!! lol Nothing worse than seeing little tears trickle down her face and pool in her ears lol).

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information