Topic Options
#13495 - 02/11/07 04:45 PM We're here! Yay!
CShell Offline

Loc: Fort Meade, MD
WOW that was a long drive! lol Poor Julia was soooo itchy the whole way, the change in weather really did a number on her skin. For the 3 days that we were driving, I was giving her doses of Attarax basically around the clock.

Anyway, we stopped at Meade on Friday to look at houses, but they didn't have any available when we were there. They gave us a floor plan of the house we'll be getting, however, and it looks nice on the outside (we drove past the neighborhood) and on the inside from the floorplan. It's a 2-story, 2 bedroom house. The top floor has the bedrooms, a full bath, and a small room that isn't quite big enough to be a bedroom (that I think I'll make into my meditation room). The downstairs has a living room, dining room, screened in back porch, gigantic kitchen, and half-bath. We're going to make the dining room into the computer room, because it's a seperate room no really connected to any others, and put the kitchen table in the actual kitchen. We're going up tomorrow (Monday) to look at the house on the inside, so I'll bring back some pictures [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

So, for the moment we're in New Jersey, and will probably be staying here for 10 days to 2 weeks (or until all of our furniture arrives in Maryland lol Whichever comes first).

Ah, and Julia got a skin infection on top of everything else! Figures. She's handling it like a trooper.

Hope everyone's doing well!

#13496 - 02/11/07 07:13 PM Re: We're here! Yay!
skittles71 Offline

Loc: Catawba North carolina
So glad you guys made it.Im sure the weather is alot different then what you was use to.I hope Julia does well with the change.Keep us up to date on how you guys are doing.And I wish you the best of luck !!!

#13497 - 02/11/07 07:46 PM Re: We're here! Yay!
texlex99_dup1 Offline

Loc: Brooklyn Park, MN USA
I'm happy to hear that you guys made it safely. Send me an email when you get a chance, I haven't talked to you for quite awhile. How is the weather there? How is Julia doing with the change in scenery?

Becky

#13498 - 02/11/07 08:01 PM Re: We're here! Yay!
jrmiss86 Offline

Loc: Marlton, NJ, USA
Glad you made it safely. And just in time for the weather in Jersey to start warming up, if you can call it that, we are finally out of the teens for the moment. Hope the move goes well

Heather
Liz (3/16/07)

#13499 - 02/11/07 08:08 PM Re: We're here! Yay!
threerxli Offline

Loc: virginia
I am happy your all safe and sound. I will also pray that TMO finds its way to your new location with all belongings safe and sound! LOL Welcome to the East Coast, now we really have a reason to all get together! NC, VA, WV, MD, W D.C., and whoever else I forgot! YEAH!

#13500 - 02/11/07 10:51 PM Re: We're here! Yay!
CShell Offline

Loc: Fort Meade, MD
Yay! Give us another month or so to get settled, and then we'll totally have to figure out an east coast get-together, that'd be awesome!

Her ped. gave us antibiotics just in case she got an infection, because so far everytime we've traveled (from CA to NJ, TX, etc) she's gotten one. Good thing we stocked up lol She's running a little fever, but other than that is fine. If she still has the fever/infection in a few days, I'm going to drive up to Meade and see if she can see her new doc at the clinic there.

lol Julia's funny - she's loving being around all these people (we're bouncing around between the inlaws, my mom's house, and visiting with our friends who LOVE her) but she's soooo nervous around my MIL lol No idea why, everyone else she does fine with!

OK, off to dinner...I'll be popping in and out for the next few weeks, and if anyone wants to chat feel free to send me an email or give a call! Becky, I'll write you sometime this week, the next few days are going to be hectic but I won't forget! lol Or just call me [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information