Topic Options
#13469 - 02/09/07 03:09 AM Questions I should be asking
dalaneysmomee Offline

Loc: Culver, Oregon
I have changed doctors. The one I had didn't seem to be concerned about anything I was. Mainly this baby being born with ICHTHYOSIS. I gave him info, and talked to him. I seemed more informed than he was [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

I was wondering what questions I should be asking my new doc, and what should I be telling him? I'm 20 weeks pregnant. I will see him when I am 21 weeks. I have a list already, but would like some more input from everyone. I don't want to leave anything out [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for your help!

#13470 - 02/09/07 03:40 PM Re: Questions I should be asking
NESSAS MOMMY Offline

Loc: NY
wow, I never knew anyone besides myself who had hypermesis. I was so sick they were about to put me on IV. i had lost 20 lbs in 3 months. Thank God it stopped on its own. I hope you both have great births. I think at this point the only thing to do is make sure your hospitals have a good NICU just incase. ARE you both able to find out if your babies will have Ichthyosis ahead of time? Good luck and Im so happy for you both

#13471 - 02/12/07 03:58 AM Re: Questions I should be asking
dalaneysmomee Offline

I'm feeling really good. I'm not sick at all with this baby. Sick the hole time with Dalaney. This baby is way more active, and I seem to have more of an appatite too. I can't wait to find out if I'm have a boy or girl. After this one, I will be done haveing babies. I'm going to the doc tomorrow. I'll let you know how things go.

How are things going for you? Are you ready?!

#13472 - 02/12/07 03:36 PM Re: Questions I should be asking
aylasmom Offline

Loc: Waterford ,MI
Nessa's mom...just thought I would chime in...I also had severe hyperemesis...It landed me in the hospital twice- The first time I was admitted for four days! They considered sending me home with my own IV equipment, so I could just hook up if I needed to- Fingers crossed that it won't be half as bad the next time around-

#13473 - 02/12/07 04:03 PM Re: Questions I should be asking
texlex99_dup1 Offline

Loc: Brooklyn Park, MN USA
Erin, My youngest daughter is named Emma Jo, and we love the name too!!

#13474 - 02/12/07 08:17 PM Re: Questions I should be asking
dalaneysmomee Offline

Well everything went really well with the new doctor. He asked all my question before I even got to. I'm glad I made the change!

I also found out that my last doctor really screwed me over! I can't have the AFP testing, they only do it between 16 & 20 weeks! He only sent me in for 1 freeking blood test, and that was at the begining of my pregnancy. He didn't even send off for dalaney's genetics! He had 4 months to get that done! enough of me whine about the old doc!

I go in for an ultrasound tomorrow! FINIALLY! I will let you know what we are haveing!

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information