Topic Options
#13421 - 02/02/07 02:59 PM PDS scalp treatment
graciesmom Offline

Loc: orange park, florida,usa
Has anyone tried it? It's by NeoCeuticals (problematic dry skin) we got samples of the skin cream at the Atlanta conference. I was looking at their website and saw that they have a scalp treatment....just wondering if anyone has had any luck with it. Thanks, Jennifer

#13422 - 02/02/07 03:23 PM Re: PDS scalp treatment
threerxli Offline

Loc: virginia
we used P and S once. but not PDS. I think from what I have read that the PDS is similar to usng amlactin on your head. It has lactic acid. If you try it, let me know how it works. We still use the old method of scalp care, but XLI I think for us at least, we have less frequent descaling on the scalp.

#13423 - 02/07/07 03:17 PM Re: PDS scalp treatment
Mama T Offline

Loc: Ellicott City, MD USA
We've been using PDS scalp treatment for our son Trevor (LI, age 2) off & on for about 2 months. His scalp is my biggest area of concern... I'm worried that the scale will prevent new hair growth, plus there's the issue of overheating in the summer.

Our current scalp care routine:

Nightly: Bathe and wash his hair with T-Sal, Neoceuticals, or Dr. Burts "Feeling Flaky" shampoo

2-3 times/week: Apply the PDS to his scalp at night while he is sleeping then rinse his hair in the shower in the morning.

I would say that used consistently (at least 2-3 times a week), it works reasonably well at managing the scale on his head. It's not the "miracle solution" that I was hoping for, but it seems to help out.

If you're ordering from Neoceuticals, make sure to mention if you're a member of FIRST - they offer a 50% discount.

[This message has been edited by Mama T (edited February 07, 2007).]

Proud Mama of:
Trevor / Jan. 2005 / Lamellar
Spencer / Nov. 2007 / Lamellar

#13424 - 02/07/07 04:23 PM Re: PDS scalp treatment
graciesmom Offline

Loc: orange park, florida,usa
Wow! 50% off is great...concidering that a small bottle is $22.00. I have been using it at night and washing it out in the morning. It's only been a week but from what I can tell it seems to be helping. Is there a neoceuticals shampoo that you use? Thanks for the tip. Jennifer

#13425 - 02/08/07 02:33 PM Re: PDS scalp treatment
Mama T Offline

Loc: Ellicott City, MD USA
We've used the NeoCeuticals Problem Scalp Medicated Shampoo with Conditioner... but as far as I can tell it's not much different than T-Sal. It has the same amount of salicylic acid (3.0%) so once I use up this bottle, I'll probably stick with whichever is less expensive.

Proud Mama of:
Trevor / Jan. 2005 / Lamellar
Spencer / Nov. 2007 / Lamellar

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information