Topic Options
#13219 - 12/23/06 12:57 AM kind of graphic ? about an uncircumsized penis (hope its not offensive
jds Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I was wondering if any of your children have had issues in this area. My first son is circumcized, so I have never dealt with the cleaning aspect and hope I am doing a good job. My question is... Should I be concerned when you pull the skin back if it has white resude (I guess that is what it is.) Maybe it is moist skin since he is still in diapers. I honestly have no idea. I do not lotion his diaper area. I do put bactriban on his privates due to constant raw infections. The skin on the tip of this area is really red and the "head" (for lack of of another word) does not pop out. My husband thought that it probably should be able to. He thinks I am crazy for posted to ask, but I have lived at the doctors lately and feel like a bother. My little one is also still fighting illness. As soon as he is infection free for about a week, I can make another appointment with the pediatric surgeon. So far, he hasn't gone this long. HELP, please.
lamellar ichthyosis

#13220 - 12/23/06 01:14 AM Re: kind of graphic ? about an uncircumsized penis (hope its not offensive
Angel24755 Offline

Loc: PA
Neither of my boys are circumcised. I have spoke to my ped. (who I love) at length about this issue. Her sons are not circumcised either and as a ped., she was looking for correct information when her children were born as far as cleaning and care for an uncircumcised penis goes. She told me that she consulted with a urologist and they told her there was no need to retract the foreskin until the child was old enough to do it himself. In fact, retracting the foreskin can actually do damage if it is done too early. Washing his penis with a wet soapy wash cloth during his bath without retracting the foreskin is more than enough to keep it clean. The white residue you are finding is probably dead skin. Urine will flush the dead skin out on it's own and there shouldn't be any problems with it. The head of the penis should be completely covered by the foreskin so that is completely normal. The skin is probably red from rubbing on the diaper, irritation from retracting the foreskin, or even just dry skin. We have always put lotion and Aquaphor on the diaper area without a problem. Although, too much moisture can cause yeast rashes so it's important to keep the Aquaphor to a minimum in that area especially.

#13221 - 12/23/06 03:15 AM Re: kind of graphic ? about an uncircumsized penis (hope its not offensive
jds Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Thanks for the replies. I guess I am on the right track. I just didn't wan to be the cause of all the infects if it was a lack of correct cleaning on my part. Thanks a bunch.
lamellar ichthyosis

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information