Topic Options
#13080 - 11/16/06 05:21 PM Want to hear something weird?
CShell Offline

Loc: Fort Meade, MD
We meet with this nurse every couple of weeks here in Texas, who's supposed to be an advocate for us and help with anything we need - like getting in touch with our early intervention program, or insurance problems, whatever.

And first off - this base that we're at is TINY. Because it's just a training base. Anyway, she said last year she was working with this pregnant woman, who was having genetic testing done, and her child tested positive for Netherton's. So this nurse did aaaaall this research on Netherton's Syndrome during the pregnancy to be prepared. When the baby was born, it turned out she was just a carrier, wasn't effected.

I just thought that was weird, because here we are a year later with a kid with NS, and are lucky enough to have a nurse who understands at least a minimal amount about the disorder! How lucky is that?! Even more proof that everything happens for a reason [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#13081 - 11/16/06 09:17 PM Re: Want to hear something weird?
jrmiss86 Offline

Loc: Marlton, NJ, USA
thats great that you found somebody who knows at least a little bit about what is going on.

Heather
Liz (3/16/07)

#13082 - 11/18/06 04:51 PM Re: Want to hear something weird?
threerxli Offline

Loc: virginia
I am a firm believer that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. And somehow, it all works out.

#13083 - 11/18/06 11:00 PM Re: Want to hear something weird?
kristi3360 Offline

How wonderful! I am glad you shared that with us!! Kristi

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information