Topic Options
#13077 - 11/16/06 04:05 PM Gentle Naturals cream?
CShell Offline

Loc: Fort Meade, MD
Has anyone used this stuff? It comes in a green box, you can buy it OTC at Walgreens in the baby isle. We've used the eczema cream on her, and it works pretty well for her itching. But they have another product that I've yet to try because it's pretty expensive, so wanted some input before I bought it lol

They have this cream for cradle cap - now, I KNOW Julia doesn't have cradle cap, but she did when she was an infant and the scales on her head now sort of look like cradle cap scales. I'm wondering if it would help loosen the scales now, or if it'd be a worthless endeavor lol Any thoughts?

#13078 - 11/16/06 04:37 PM Re: Gentle Naturals cream?
jrmiss86 Offline

Loc: Marlton, NJ, USA
we tried it, along with every other cradle cap remedy on the market. for us it didn't do anything, but that is not to say it wouldn't for somebody else.

sorry I couldn't be of more help

Heather
Liz (3/16/07)

#13079 - 11/16/06 06:29 PM Re: Gentle Naturals cream?
aylasmom Offline

Loc: Waterford ,MI
I have used the cradle cap stuff, and it definitely doesn't help with the dryness, but it seems to help loosen any stubborn scaly areas. I use it still occasionally. I usually put it on about a half hour before a bath, and then wash her hair in the tub. Before I put lotion on her scalp I use a baby brush to lift any built up scale (its usually like a thin layer of skin, with tiny little holes where the hairs came through). Then I apply curel. This seems to work pretty well for us...although I only do this when there is a buildup.

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information