Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#12990 - 11/06/06 03:48 PM Re: What can I do about cracked hands ?
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
North Carolina is a really great place to live with Ichthyosis. I don't know that much about RXLI, but maybe the problem is not enough bathing? Sometimes the doctors tell us to do things that REALLY don't work.

Maybe check the XLI board and see what other people are doing for daily routines. The weather in Chicago, the northeast and Canada all all worse than NC, so there has to be someone that has made it work.
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#12991 - 11/06/06 06:57 PM Re: What can I do about cracked hands ?
sideshowbob Offline

Loc: Midwest, USA
My husband loves Corn Husker's lotion on his hands for his eczema. I haven't tried it yet on A, but it is non-greasy and absorbs really quickly.

#12992 - 11/06/06 09:01 PM Re: What can I do about cracked hands ?
skittles71 Offline

Loc: Catawba North carolina
Hearsay I can understand where Chicago is really bad on the skin being much colder then here. But I guess always living here and have'nt had any experince anywhere else to me NC is harsh on the boys skin. Here lately we have had some mean weather with the temps being low 23 this week. I would hate to see there skin if we lived futher north. I know you guys get in the 0 below sometimes but we dont get that here. I think the lowest Ive seen is 8 degress. And plus im closer to the mountains here and some of the other ppl with kids who have ichthyosis live more East of me and is closer to the coast. We see snow,ice and all during the winter months and get snowed in sometimes. Ive seen where some say NC is a good place to live with ppl who have ich and im just amazed really cause I dont live at that certain place...lol guess im at the wrong place in NC. Ive kinda wounder if moving closer to the coast will that help the boys any but im like 5 hrs away and cant make a weekend trip every week. Maybe one day we will consider moving toward the coast or maybe moving down south. Thanks for all the help thou....im now using the Tazorac on his hands after I called the doctor today and ask could I use it so im going to see if that helps any with gloves on his hands at night. Hope everyone has a great week.

#12993 - 11/12/06 07:55 PM Re: What can I do about cracked hands ?
GRACIES NANA Offline

Loc: MARIETTA, GA, USA
LOOK AT MY LAST POST IN THE GRANDMOTHER'S SECTION. THIS SWEEN LOTION IS GOOD FOR CRACKED HEELS AS WELL AS SEVERE DRY SKIN. IT COULD POSSIBLY BE GOOD FOR CRACKED HANDS TOO. GOOD LUCK. DONNA CLARE

#12994 - 11/21/06 04:57 PM Re: What can I do about cracked hands ?
yariba Offline

Loc: Akworth GA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by GRACIES NANA:
LOOK AT MY LAST POST IN THE GRANDMOTHER'S SECTION. THIS SWEEN LOTION IS GOOD FOR CRACKED HEELS AS WELL AS SEVERE DRY SKIN. IT COULD POSSIBLY BE GOOD FOR CRACKED HANDS TOO. GOOD LUCK. DONNA CLARE

#12995 - 11/21/06 05:06 PM Re: What can I do about cracked hands ?
yariba Offline

Loc: Akworth GA, USA
HI I press the wrong botton before.
But I woul like to tell you that moving to the east coast is the best thing that happen in my doughter skin. We use to live in Virginia, but now we live in Delaware. We come here for 4 of July last year and in day Camila skin improve so much and we move the month after.

We still have cold winters and I know that Camila would be on pain this winter, so we were thinking on moving to North Carolina.

YARA

Oh! In the past year we reduce the amount of aquaphor from 3 times at day to just one before she goes to sleep.

#12996 - 12/01/06 05:22 AM Re: What can I do about cracked hands ?
GRACIES NANA Offline

Loc: MARIETTA, GA, USA
MY DAUGHTER HAS BEEN USING THIS SWEEN PRODUCT THAT I TOLD YOU ABOUT IN THE GRAND PARENTS SECTION. SHE LIKES IT VERY MUCH. IT IS GREAT FOR GRACIE'S SKIN. IT COULD BE AN ANSWER FOR HER. GRACIE HAS LAMELLAR ICHTHYOSIS. THE UREA MAKES GRACIE REALLY SOFT AND MOISTURIZED AND THE DHEA HELPS HER PEES REALLY WELL. JENNIFER USED HER LATIC LOTION ON HER ALSO. THE LACHYDRIN IS 10 %acid and the sween product is 4 %. she just has to watch to make sure that it doesn't burn her. ANYWAY, THAT IS THE UP-DATE ON THE NEW SWEEN PRODUCT THAT I FOUND. ASK JENNIFER WHAT SHE THINKS.(GRACIE'S MOM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information