Topic Options
#11889 - 05/03/08 05:25 PM Carmol Shampoo (X-posted)
sideshowbob Offline

Loc: Midwest, USA
I recently ordered Carmol Deep Cleansing Antibacterial Shampoo for our daughter (age 3, LI) and we've been using it for almost a week with great results. It's pricey ($26!!) but I think it's worth trying (maybe your dermatologist can get you a sample to see if it works for you). Like Carmol lotion, it contains Urea, so it removes the flakes without stinging the way the Salicylic acid products do (a huge help when you are washing a toddler). The antibacterial aspect of it helps control smell, and it seems to moisturize without weighing her hair down.

#11890 - 05/09/08 01:21 AM Re: Carmol Shampoo (X-posted)
libby Offline

Loc: USA
Hmmm...I might have to give this a try! Thanks for the post!

Olivia

#11891 - 06/20/08 02:32 PM Re: Carmol Shampoo (X-posted)
momof3 Offline

Loc: SJ, CA USA
Yes, we just purchased this as well over a month ago. Dane hasn't had any flakes or odor, and the pustules from staph have mostly gone away. We're going to keep with this shampoo!! We can't believe how great his head looks (as he's mostly bald, except for his little "fuzz").

#11892 - 06/20/08 05:13 PM Re: Carmol Shampoo (X-posted)
sideshowbob Offline

Loc: Midwest, USA
So glad it's working for you! I've also started putting a little Carmol 10 lotion in her hair after bath -- it's not too greasy, and keeps her scalp moisturized. She has been pretty much flake free for almost two months now.

#22534 - 08/28/08 08:43 AM Re: Carmol Shampoo (X-posted) [Re: sideshowbob]
Leandra Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
We discovered the Carmol Shampoo a few months ago when I was ordering something else. Despite the cost I decided to give it a whirl, and we absolutely love it in conjunction with T-Sal and T-Gel. By itself it didn't work the same wonders that it does when I use it before the Sal/Gel rotation. So, Nattie's scalp care regimen is really expensive, but it gets the job done without having to scrape and soak in oils.

Leandra

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information