Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1060 - 07/12/02 12:36 PM Re: We're here!
Teddy3156 Offline

Loc: Attleboro,Massachusetts,USA
Dear Robin,
I am sorry that I forgot to mention that your daughter Robin helped out with the Dad's and Men's discussion groups when we met at poolside. The girls took questions from the Dad's mostly on what was important to them growing up with ichthyosis. Jordan answered their questions along with Maragret and Katie and Laura and was a big help to the dads. Please send a big thank you to her from all the dads and men that were there.
Your friend,
Ted Smith

#1061 - 07/12/02 02:06 PM Re: We're here!
Robin Offline

Loc: Irmo, South Carolina USA
I will do that Ted ...and thank you again for your kind words. Chandra...Im sure Jordan would love to be able to have you as a source of comfort when things are bad or hurtful...I try my best to help but I can only relate as a mother who loves her child...actually I think when she is hurt, I hurt twice as much for her. Anyway, thank you again.

#1062 - 07/14/02 04:29 AM Re: We're here!
KatieCakes Offline

Loc: Boston & South Attleboro, MA, ...
Hi Mrs. Smith (Robin),
I'm Katie and I met Jordan and I love her to peices!!!W ehing out the entire time and we had a blast...one of our little friends from Hong Kong named her Jumping Jordan..although I'm not sure why..hehe. She's such a sweetie and we have been emailing..I wish I could have met you too! I will most likely be a counselor at the teen camp next year because I will be 18 by then so I told Jordan to definetly come when she turns 13...I would love to spend a whole week with her! Well I better go to bed...tell Jordan i said hi! By the way...ask her who Peter is and see if she blushes..hehe...wink wink.

Katie

#1063 - 07/15/02 02:56 PM Re: We're here!
Robin Offline

Loc: Irmo, South Carolina USA
Katie...oh, I know very well who Peter is...Jordan told me all about him...she also told me that she got to hang out with the older girls...that made her feel really special. I've gotta tell you that Jordan came home with so much self confidence...she didn't stare at her feet when she walked, she spoke for herself when I took her to her dermatologist ( I had to get him to fill out some papers for the camp) and she just smiled and smiled for days. Im soo excited about her attending the camp...probably more excited than even she is. Thanks again for making her feel so accepted.

#1064 - 07/15/02 05:00 PM Re: We're here!
KatieCakes Offline

Loc: Boston & South Attleboro, MA, ...
Hi Robin..oh I'm so glad to hear that about Jordan!!! Its so good to hear that the conference gave her self confidence...your daughter is amazing and shes so beautiful...hehe I think Peter liked her too [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] I always feel so wonderful atthe conferences and at camp...they make me feel so at home..thats when I am most like my true self. Both the camp and the conferences are so important to the younger kids and the teens so that they know they arent alone and they feel accepted even if they dont get that in school. Camp is totally unique from the conference and I have the time of my life there. I am so glad to hear that Jordan loves it...i can't wait for her to come to the teen camp next year!! Ihope she keeps that confidence because shes amazing and I know everyone must see that when they look at her or at least they should!

Katie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Laura Phillips, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information