Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1050 - 07/04/02 06:07 PM We're here!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,
We just landed in Seattle, it's cloudy and cool. If anyone see's Les tell him we'll see him at the hard rock. Take care see you all tomorrow.
Keith & Bev.

#1051 - 07/04/02 06:27 PM Re: We're here!
pauline5 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
THANK GOD!!!!

Did you miss all the mayhem at the airport? How were the flights? Say Hi to Les when you see him.

Pauline.

#1052 - 07/07/02 10:35 PM Re: We're here!
Chandra Offline

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
We're home, it was awesome and man, am I tired! I shall provide the details later on. It was woooooonderful. I think I used that word in half the sentences I uttered this weekend!

#1053 - 07/07/02 10:54 PM Re: We're here!
pauline5 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
WOW CHANDRA,

I am glad you are home safe and sound and that you had a WONDERFUL time. lol
Take care, and have a good catchup sleep
Love Pauline.

#1054 - 07/09/02 01:33 AM Re: We're here!
Les Avakian Offline

Loc: Fresno, Calif. USA 93705
HELLO ALL
Well everyone today concluded the 2002 national ichthyosis conference in Seattle and I think I am still floating on air from all the excitement. The conference doesnt end for me until the bags are packed and I am ready to go to the airport.It was like a story out of MTVs Real World where everyone comes together for a short period of time and bonds like a family, then each one leaves with a smile and a wave, with promises of returning in two years in Kansas City, Missouri.I know I am getting mushy, and I am very tired,but I sleep with a heavy heart for the old friends I just left, the new friends I made, and the bright future of this fabulous foundation.Take care all,
Sleepless Les
P.S. I will post more later.

#1055 - 07/09/02 02:46 PM Re: We're here!
Robin Offline

Loc: Irmo, South Carolina USA
My daughter Jordan was at the convention this weekend with her two grandmothers(Jean and Nancy)...she's 12 with blonde hair...did anyone happen to meet her? She said she had a great time and is looking forward to the next convention.

#1056 - 07/09/02 04:46 PM Re: We're here!
Meshell Offline

Loc: wichita,ks, usa
Robin, Yes I met Jordan and Jean and Nancy. We had breakfast with Jean and Nancy on Saturday and Sunday. The conference was more than I ever thought it would be. Informative, emotional, fun, exciting, and it also broke my heart to leave my new family. My 5 year old Rose was so thrilled to meet other little girls just like her. We both are looking forward to having all of you to visit our state in two years. hugs to all meshell

#1057 - 07/09/02 07:15 PM Re: We're here!
Teddy3156 Offline

Loc: Attleboro,Massachusetts,USA
Hello Robin,
My name is Ted Smith and the father of Katie Smith from Massachusetts. My wife Jackie and I were very impressed with your well-mannered young lady. Jordan seemed to latch right on to my daughter Katie who is 17 and her friends Laura and Margaret. We sat with Jordan's grandmothers on Saturday for the evening dinner while the girls all sat in the table to the side. I think Jordan made some very good friends and I know how much she will enjoy the camp. As our family has been blessed with a lovely child so has yours. I would like to mention that my wife and I were very impressed by the love and support from Jordan's two grandmothers who just beamed with pride. I am sure the girls will stay intouch and be a source of support and friendship for many year's ahead.
Thank you,
Ted Smith

Quote:
Originally posted by Robin:
My daughter Jordan was at the convention this weekend with her two grandmothers(Jean and Nancy)...she's 12 with blonde hair...did anyone happen to meet her? She said she had a great time and is looking forward to the next convention.

#1058 - 07/10/02 10:37 AM Re: We're here!
Robin Offline

Loc: Irmo, South Carolina USA
Wow...it makes me want to cry reading your posts about Jordan...I've known all along how sweet she is but to hear others say how well mannered she is just makes my heart swell. I think it means alot to her that she is accepted for the person she is on the inside...I've never known her to back down from trying to make friends, even when they reject her the first time ( although she generally isn't very close to the ones who ever reject her, atleast she'll always know who her "real friends are") I remember her mentioning Laura...she said she met her last time too...I really hope they stay in touch...Jordan has some bad days at school every now and then and it would help her tremendously to talk to someone who's been there. Thanks for the kind words.

#1059 - 07/10/02 11:47 PM Re: We're here!
Chandra Offline

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Robin, I got to meet Jordan's grandmothers, but never Jordan herself. Wow! You have an awesome mom and mom-in-law! With a family like that to support her. Jordan will do quite well.

As I have LI, and am also an adult, I would be more than happy to be another resource for Jordan, you and your family, or anyone else who wants to know what it was like phsyically and things that can be done to help the social aspects of going to school, going to college, roommates, job hunting, job retention, etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Laura Phillips, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information