Topic Options
#10470 - 05/24/05 12:44 AM Medicine to make child sleep
rodkarbrown Offline

Loc: Rochelle IL USA
Our daughter has Netheron Syndrome and awakes numerour times in the night itching. We have tried many, many different products but they don't seem to make her sleepy or keep her asleep. Any suggestions? Also, I would love to hear of anyone with a child with Nethertons. (Our daughter is a twin adopted from Haiti. Her sister does not have NS)

#10471 - 05/24/05 01:07 AM Re: Medicine to make child sleep
Angel24755 Offline

Loc: PA
Quote:
Originally posted by rodkarbrown:
Our daughter has Netheron Syndrome and awakes numerour times in the night itching. We have tried many, many different products but they don't seem to make her sleepy or keep her asleep. Any suggestions? Also, I would love to hear of anyone with a child with Nethertons. (Our daughter is a twin adopted from Haiti. Her sister does not have NS)

Hi,
My 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter both have Lamellar Ichthyosis. My daughter takes Atarax (prescription med.) at bedtime to help her sleep...it is similar to benadryl and it seems to help her. My son used to take this as a baby and now only takes it when he is sick because he gets itchy when he is sick. I don't know how old your daughter is but this is something my son seemed to grow out of. He used to be itchy and wake MANY times a night...the atarax seemed to at least lower the number of times he woke up. Now that he is three years old, he rarely wakes up during the night. My daughter is one year old and wakes several times but I should also mention that all three of my kids have been terrible sleepers and this includes my oldest who will be 5 in August that does not have Lamellar. Hang in there!
Lisa

#10472 - 05/24/05 01:12 AM Re: Medicine to make child sleep
rodkarbrown Offline

Loc: Rochelle IL USA
Our daughter is 3 years old. We have tried Atarax. It seems like nothing will relax her. I really appreciate your reply Lisa. Pray for me!! :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel24755:

Hi,
My 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter both have Lamellar Ichthyosis. My daughter takes Atarax (prescription med.) at bedtime to help her sleep...it is similar to benadryl and it seems to help her. My son used to take this as a baby and now only takes it when he is sick because he gets itchy when he is sick. I don't know how old your daughter is but this is something my son seemed to grow out of. He used to be itchy and wake MANY times a night...the atarax seemed to at least lower the number of times he woke up. Now that he is three years old, he rarely wakes up during the night. My daughter is one year old and wakes several times but I should also mention that all three of my kids have been terrible sleepers and this includes my oldest who will be 5 in August that does not have Lamellar. Hang in there!
Lisa

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information