Topic Options
#10450 - 04/27/05 03:28 AM How often do you bathe your baby?
dpatock Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Hi all, so I have seen a few older posts on this topic, but I thought I would throw the question out there again....

My daughter Lily just turned one. She has Lamellar. We have been giving baths every other day. But now that she is crawling everywhere (and getting into EVERYTHING), she just seems so dirty... I want to give her a bath every night. So for the past week or so, I have been bathing her about every night, and now I am noticing her face is starting to get flakier (but just her face?).

So for people out there with Lamellar babies.... how often do you bathe them? I have seen some say that more baths are better...others say no?

thanks for your input!

Darcie (and Lily)

#10451 - 04/27/05 03:05 PM Re: How often do you bathe your baby?
ShaunaJ Offline

Loc: Ogden,Utah
My daughter is not a baby any more, but when she was littler we did do it every day, and now being six we do it twice. Once in the morning and once at night. I always thought the water was good for her. She seemed to itch less when in the tub and if we put the lotion on while she was still damp she seemed to stay moist longer and still itched less. Now she is old enough to tell me what she wants, and she says she likes to be in the tub soaking to scrub scales off and she says it still helps reduce the itching. I guess it is better for some then others. Hope this helps!

Shauna
"Choose a job that you LOVE and
you'll never WORK a day in your life!"

#10452 - 05/22/05 03:47 AM Re: How often do you bathe your baby?
SusieL Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
My little guy, Andrej, is now 21 months old. He has LI, and has been taking two baths a day (one first thing in the morning, one just before bed) since he was at least 6 months old. We usually let him soak for 15 minutes, then I scrub him before he gets out. Sometimes in particularly harsh weather when he seems to dry out more quickly, I will give him a 3rd bath in the middle of the day. He seems to like the tub time and he looks to be comfortable with this routine.

Daughter, Emma born 9/2001 -unaffected
Son, Andrej born 8/2003 - has Lamellar Ichthyosis
Daughter, Tori born 3/2006 - has Lamellar Ichthyosis

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information