Topic Options
#99 - 09/12/00 12:22 AM Chilling out
James Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas USA
I have lamellar ichthyosis and don't sweat. Read the short article under lamellar ichy title.Anyway these Hydramister misters can be found at WWW.mistymate.com

#100 - 12/06/00 10:32 PM Re: Chilling out
Chandra Offline

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Thanks for posting that!!!! I'm going to order one before spring hits... if it ever hits after all this cold brrrrr....

#101 - 12/08/00 05:10 PM Re: Chilling out
Laura Phillips Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI
I'm sorry I didn't chime in earlier...I guess I thought maybe you all already knew that I liked Misty Mates. We've got some information on them, and other stuff that people with ichthyosis have used with success to stay cool on another section of the website:
http://www.ichthyosis.com/staycoolprod.htm

Anyway, I LOVE my MistyMate. I can go places, and do things, when it's hot that I otherwise couldn't do. It's a total godsend in hot weather, and I'd have given anything to have this when I was a kid.

One of the things I like so much about it is that the mist is very fine...so it doesn't wash the cream right off me (that's such a battle, trying to stay cool--you put something wet on your body to cool off, rinse off your cream, and now you're cooler but dry...so you're still uncomfortable, just now you're too dry instead of too hot).

I got my Misty Mates at K-Mart. I think they're getting more and more popular, and easier to find.

Moderator:  Laura Phillips, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information