TIPS FOR ALL THE GUYS OUT THERE !

Posted by: gallinaspeed

TIPS FOR ALL THE GUYS OUT THERE ! - 08/30/06 06:57 AM

Whats up guys ! Im glad ive found this site, I never met anyone else with icythosis besides my sister, but anyhow im more happy that I can share my tips and techniques with you guys to hopefully give u some more options or better your life. well here are just a few things i can recomend for icthyosis patients, however i have mild llameller so this is more geared towards that.

FOR FACE

the face has the least scales,shave with razors and a good shaving cream once a day keeps skin nice and smooth and keeps scales away. also when applying lotion to the face make shure u use a comfortable hand towel and run part of it under realllly hot water, then rub the scales off your face, then use the dry part of the towel to clear all dead skin cell debris off the face, then re wet another part of the towel with hot water and litely go over your face, then apply lotion or cream with towel over face let, dry and dont move your face to much untill it "cures". Also I MUST recomend NEO STRATA neocuticals reg strength, it saved my life, thanks to it My face isnt as much RED as it is "TAN"

as far as the other body goes, get one of those sea loaf body wash things, take hot showers, and let the water get all over your body first, dont use any soap at this time(soap makes body slippery wich doesnt help when trying to sluff off scales) once body is all wet, start using your hand and apply pressure to skin and just move your hand back and fourth making tiny little rolls of scales, then once u descale all the problem areas, rinse all the scales away, and then apply a good moistirizer soap. dial works good for me, as far as feet goes just wear socks all over 24/7 like me ! I also found wearing sweat pants at nite helps keep moisture in my legs. If anyone has any questions or wants to talk email me at gallinaspeed@yahoo.com I hope I helped
Posted by: Yizle

Re: TIPS FOR ALL THE GUYS OUT THERE ! - 04/15/07 02:34 PM

thanks man, that really improved the appearance of my face.
Posted by: sajid1975

Re: TIPS FOR ALL THE GUYS OUT THERE ! - 05/21/07 06:14 PM

I have dealt with this problem since birth, here is my recommendations:

When showering, enjoy it hot or cold, lather your face with soap and rinse under shower, once the skin feels non oily, take your fingers and rub off the dry skin, it should come off easy, concentrate around the chin bone area, near the nose, around the nose, near the ears, not too much on the nose since that is light skin. ok that sounds like a lot of work but should take less then 5 mins, next lather your wash cloth, use a nice soap with glycerin to make it slippery, rub your face to remove any left over dry skin and to get a thorough cleaning of the face area that the fingers missed, the washcloth speeds things up but make sure to clean the skin with fingers first or this will not be effective. Make sure to rub with cloth away from water to keep the slippery feel there then continue under the water for full cleaning. DONE....5-10 mins if not less

For the neck area, lather the cloth and rub away from water to get that slippery clean, then under water to get full clean.

For men, shave every four days, shaving makes rubbing 90% easier. Dont shave every other day cuz the skin is too sensitive and it will get hard.

For the body, shave the legs, shaving is easy way to keep the flaking to a minimum, even though its not manly, it helps reduce overall flaking and making your living area cleaner. After shaving, lather wash cloth and rub down to remove any hard flaking areas, then rub under running shower for full clean, once a week should be good enough for this. This also applies to arms but twice a week is good minus the cloth rubs every week.

Hope this helps, its worked for me since I experimented at age 20, oh, this regimen for the face should be every other day only, the other days should be a quick shower with no rubbing :-)

SaJ
Posted by: sajid1975

Re: TIPS FOR ALL THE GUYS OUT THERE ! - 05/21/07 06:19 PM

ops, forgot to mention, after you step out the shower, pat your self dry and use Vaseline total moisture all over the body, no excessive, just enough to make you feel normal again, this will last through the day and you face will looks as good as normal can get, maybe a little oily or abrasive on the face, but just wash the face mid day and use moisturizer again. anytime you wash any area, use moisurizer.

Any questions, please email me, I have ichthyosis all over the body but been able to live normally...married and normal son..

hope this helps.
Posted by: Rick Kenney

Re: TIPS FOR ALL THE GUYS OUT THERE ! - 10/25/07 03:07 PM

I use baby oil and bath oil mixed 50/50. (CVS brand bath oil is cheaper than Keri and doesn't have as much fragrance) Works well in the shower on a damp washcloth, I pat dry and apply all over. I let it absorb before getting dressed and carry a small bottle (was trial size hand sanitizer) in my pocket. I found I don't feel as greasy as I did with aquaphor, vasoline, etc. But I need to re-apply it more often. Re-applying is easier with a little water.
Posted by: rockyblore

Re: TIPS FOR ALL THE GUYS OUT THERE ! - 01/08/08 06:22 AM

hey guys use of glycerine with rose water in a propotion 3:1 will help
Posted by: peter mackean

Re: TIPS FOR ALL THE GUYS OUT THERE ! - 08/08/08 08:25 PM

hey peeps

to all our friends here in the UK, if you want a very successful lotion to try, its a Alpha Hydroxy Lotion, (lactic acid and urea) its Canadian made by Dermal Therapy but available here in UK from Advanced Care Products in Ipswich, they have a web site and is available on line for around 20 in a reasonable sized bottle of 474ml

be careful EHK sufferers, it can make you ichy, but for X-linked IV, wow, its changed my life, 42 years on and i practically cleared the scales within 5 days, well done to Dermal Therapy and lactic acid

the way i use it, i take a long warm shower, have a good soak, no soap, apart from hair, give myself a gentle rub with buff gloves to exfoliate, exit shower and partially dry off, armpits crotch and head, then using the wet skin to aid light spreading, smear the lotion all over body, after say ten mins, ya body is dry enough to cloth, excellent

i showered two to three times daily to start and was clear within 5 days, now i shower first thing in day, i have a little dryness now and then, i think it just reminding me i got it still

but hey, its summer now, my skin is great, and i'm confident enough to wear shorts
roll on winter, i can't wait to see the effects

take care peeps
pete
Posted by: patipip

Re: TIPS FOR ALL THE GUYS OUT THERE ! - 03/16/09 08:11 PM

i know this page is for men but who better for me to ask. my pre-adoptive son has ichthyosis and was not cercumsized at birth. hes under one year old and i wondered if the doctors chose not to do the procedure dur to the fragility of his skin at birth. should i or shouldnt i.
Posted by: vdemort

Re: TIPS FOR ALL THE GUYS OUT THERE ! - 10/01/09 08:08 PM

Thanks man. Very effective for my face.
Posted by: Airforce Josh

Re: TIPS FOR ALL THE GUYS OUT THERE ! - 11/09/09 02:50 AM

i would circumcise him....
Posted by: grassak

Re: TIPS FOR ALL THE GUYS OUT THERE ! - 12/03/09 11:32 PM

I am circumcised in my house cause it is an old tradition ... not even doctor was present smile smile smile you will probably say O MY GOD!!! ... hey it is a tradition and no one asked me what I think about that smile smile I was circumcised when I was 3 ... and that is a first thing in my memory ... it hurt like hell ... but my answer to you ... do it and dont worry ... doctors will do that ... if they dont want to do it ... we will connect via Skype and I will show them it is not a problem at all smile smile a little joke dont be mad smile smile good luck