Posted by: Lisa O

new member - 07/25/07 08:17 PM

Hello everyone! My grandaughter was born Nov. of last year and I have guardianship of her. I have been reading these posts now for about 7 months and have found them to be informative on the care of her skin. She has a mild case compared to many others. I was wondering if anyone has used emu oil? I have mainly used the aquaphor and am starting to try new things.Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

------------------
Rayna's Meemaw and gaurdian; CIE
Posted by: Beth Engerman

Re: new member - 07/26/07 02:05 PM

Hi Lisa! Wow, someone else from Indiana! I live in Indinanapolis, but I am orginally from Kendallville, which is about 30 miles north of Fort Wayne.

I have used Emu Oil and found it to work on small patches of skin that may have needed a little bit of extra help. It was way to greasy for me, so I don't like to use for all over skin care. I get a presciption from my doc for Velvachol cream with 8 - 10% lactic acid. The pharmacy mixes it for me. I have been using the cream since I was 5 I think (I am now 26). The Velvachol cream without the acid is a really good cream, and the pharmacy can order it for you.

Be sure to check out the other boards for other tips and tricks as well as products to try. Everyone here has excellent ideas, but you have to be willing to give them a try because not all them will work for everyone.

Email me if you ever want to chat with another Hoosier!

------------------
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequte; but that we are powerful beyond all measure." Nelson Mandela

[This message has been edited by Beth Engerman (edited July 26, 2007).]
Posted by: Lisa O

Re: new member - 07/26/07 03:18 PM

Thank You for the information. I know just were kendallville is. Bristol is about 1 and half hours from Fort Wayne. In fact that is were Rayna's Derm is at, Dr. Sassmanhausen. Hope to chaat with you again sometime.