Very thirsty

Posted by: jrmiss86

Very thirsty - 11/06/09 02:43 PM

My son Alex, who is 4 and has xli, has been very thirsty lately. this morning alone he has had 4-5 small child sized cups of water. I don't mind him drinking as much water as he wants, I know it is good for him. I was a little worried about something more going on though. something like diabetes or something similar. The reason I am worried is because he also eats nonstop. I knew boys typically have big appetites, but he always seems hungry. Is this something anybody else has come across. Before I panic too much I wanted to see if it was possibly related to the xli, or possibly the kallmans, although that seems less likely than the xli. I should also mention that although he eats practically non stop, he is very skinny and tall. What I wouldn't give to have his metabolism.
Posted by: EmberSparks

Re: Very thirsty - 11/06/09 05:01 PM

I know my son eats/drinks more when his skin is at its worst & eats more than my other child & other children I have been around. I have been told this is normal with ich. Others may be able to explain why better.
Posted by: Hearsay

Re: Very thirsty - 11/07/09 05:18 AM

Is he also urinating excessively? If you think it is a metabolic problem, get yourself to his pediatrician and have his sugar checked. Don't wait. It's a 2 minute test and if it is something other than the ichthyosis, catching it quickly makes a huge difference. If you know a diabetic, go see them and have it checked that way, since it's a weekend and you may have trouble getting to the ped.