First time Grammy

Posted by: grammy

First time Grammy - 10/03/06 07:21 PM

My first granchild Baby T is a wonderful blessing. He lives in Florida and I in Texas so we've only been together 5 times, the longest being 12 days. Teofilo is now 7 months and is doing quite well despite the time consuming care demanded by ichthyosis. His parents are doing a great job although they are exhausted most of the time. This past year has been very challenging but family and friends and faith have helped. We raised $1000 this spring and plan to raise more! Good luck to all of you. CSG aka Grammy
Posted by: Nana-1

Re: First time Grammy - 10/04/06 01:28 AM

Hi Grammy - welcome to the board. How did you raise your funds?? I am always trying to come up with new ideas to raise money for research and I would love to have you share the how of your success. As more of us our reading this board eveyday, we could try to duplicate your efforts.

I actually met your family in Atlanta, and they were all just wonderful. Let's all keep up the good work. edie
Posted by: Julia's Grandma

Re: First time Grammy - 10/04/06 12:53 PM

Welcome to the board, Grammy! And congrats on your efforts at raising money. I'm curious about what you did to raise the money also. We did raise about $2,000 last spring/summer with a bike ride some friends of my daughter's did. I raised a good part of the money due to my co-worker's generosity, plus my company does matching contributions. I have not been successful in coming up with a way to raise more money that will work for me, although I am always thinking.

Welome again!

------------------
Stephanie
Posted by: grammy

Re: First time Grammy - 10/04/06 03:41 PM

Goodmorning, I'd love to share my successful fund raising with you. My husband's bussiness is in direct store sales. We ask his customers, Store Managers, for donations and explained FIRST to them. We had a generous response, a bicycle, a $100 gas card, gift certificats, ect... Then we sold raffle tickets to family members only who were also very generous. I am now investigating the legalities of a public raffle. I was told you must get a permit, but I am not sure if it is state, county, or city issued. I enjoyed doing this and our family all got information on Baby T's diagnosis. Good luck to all of you and your wonderful grand children. I plan to join the kids at next years convention, and hope to meet you there. Will chat soon. CSG aka grammy

------------------
Carla Grahl
Sherman Texas