BIRTH MARKS

Posted by: Anonymous

BIRTH MARKS - 07/13/06 03:03 PM

MY DAUGHTER VANESSA WAS ABOUT 6 MONTHS OLD WHEN I NOTICED A LINE ON THE SIDE OF HER FACE. IT WAS UNDER HER EAR. TO ME IT LOOKED LIKE A SCRATCH. AS THE WEEK WENT ON IT GREW LONGER. IT NOW GOES FROM HER EAR TO HER CHIN. IT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A SCAR. ANYWAY, I TOOK HER TO DERM AND HE SAID IT WAS A BIRTHMARK THAT DEVELOPS FROM DRY SKIN. SHE WAS NOT BORN WITH IT. IT DOES NOT GO AWAY BUT SOMEDAYS IT IS LIGHTER THEN OTHERS. WHEN HER ECZAMA FLARES UP IT GETS BRIGHT RED. JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HEARD OF A BIRTHMARK DEVELOPING AFTER BIRTH
Posted by: jds

Re: BIRTH MARKS - 07/13/06 03:23 PM

My son did not have a birthmark show up after birth but did have a hemmangeoma (spelling?) show up about a month after birth on his tummy.
Posted by: gryphon

Re: BIRTH MARKS - 07/13/06 04:36 PM

I don't know whether this is at all relevant given the age of your daughter but I'll put it out there anyway.

Some types of ich makes one very susceptible to stretch marks either from tween/teen growth spurts, muscle building, or pregnancy as the skin elasticity is compromised. I have stretch marks on biceps, thighs, and pecs from both growth spurts and working out.
Posted by: Curtise

Re: BIRTH MARKS - 07/15/06 09:16 PM

My daughter Nina (6 months, EHK) has a birth mark on the back of her head/neck. I couldn't say for sure if it was there when she was born as we didn't look (too much else going on at that time!)But it's definitely got bigger as she's grown. It's sometimes really red and peels when her skin's at its worst.